Help needed to buy gear

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Satch_fan, Mar 15, 2005.

1. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Well try sansamp Tri AXC or GT 2 pedals for distrotion :rockon:

2. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@ronnie.... :nw:

3. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

I have a metal zone, its not really good tho, better find some other alternatives like the MD2, which is pretty good!
    Dont think a compressor is really necessary but if u need it, try getting the discontinued BOSS CS-2, its so good Gilmour uses it!
    For Chorus, check out Small Clone.

4. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Ibanez DE7 and Digitech Digidelay are superior that BOSS DD's, you should definately check them out(if available)!

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

The stock Boss Pedals are very stale sounding. MT2 is razor sharp trebly with hardly any bass or tight mids. It's not very sensitive to picking either. So if you want a high gain pedal, then check out Keeley Modded Boss MT2 or Analogman Modded MT2, Toadworks Death Rattle II or Rocktron Silver Dragon. If you are looking at Moderate hard rock kind of distortion then look at Toadworks Death Rattle II or Rocktron Silver Dragon or Keeley Modded Boss DS1.

6. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Hey Dude ,

I think Anand is right here incase u buying Boss Pedals pls get the Keeley Modifed ones .. I dont know about the Toadworks but I have Tried the Silver dragon & must tell u its ia rocking pedal..

Ninad

7. Satch_fan

Satch_fan New Member

Thanks Ninad, Ronnie,Sanjiv,h4f0n and Dennis......thats a lot of stuff!!
    Thanx so much....this is an awsome forum.....I will be in Kolkata hopefully by next Saturday and will hit Reynolds no later with all ur inputs...really feeling thrilled to know that Satch is coming to Kolkata on 15th May...even my parents love him...thanks and regards to all you guitarists

8. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

well since ur ready to invest money - id strongly suggest u try and get an ibanez JEM guitar - it costs a lot but is really good - its pups are awesome - dimarzio evolutions...

for amps - marshall or roland - unfortunately u dont the peavey in india (thats satchs signature amp ight? oh and the js guitar series isnt here either)

yes ibanezz tube screamer - some1 said that - perfect - get 2 distortion epdals - one a tube screamer and another metal dist.. neone u liek - for wah get either a dunlop crybaby or an ibanez weeping demon - i like themn both but sats sound is etter from a dunlop...

get urself a chorus and compressor - dont know much abt. these pedalls - ask some1 arond

9. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Dr Death ,

Ibanez JS series is available here .. Incase you want Peavy JS series Head & cabinets will also be soon available here . Wah Wah Pedal incase u want mordern sherdders tone go in for the Morely Bad Horise 1 or 2 .. I dont think any of pedals suggested are availble here so u have order through the net ... try combing Sansamp Tric AC & GT 2.

10. ronnieanand

If you want one Wah that could handle everything then get the Teese Real McCoy III. These are used by countless artists. You name the artist and most probably he uses it for the studio recordings where he wont be bothered by the endorsement company. You can adjust sweep and range and it is absolutely versataile. It also features a true bypass, so it wont suck tone like others. You can find Rock to Blues to Metal to Shred players using it. It's slightly expensive but will be worth the money. I am suggesting this because you were discussing about JEM and similar expensive stuffs, so I guesses that you wont bother about money but look for quality. By the way if you want to order, you have to order it from www.analogman.com. Geoffrey Teese is heavily back ordered.

11. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Ronnie..that wahs 200$ man!!..yeah bit ive heard it sthe best wah out there. Neways im quite satisfied with my Fasel wah/

12. ronnieanand

When he can consider buying a $1000+ JEM, I dont think $250 would hurt to buy the best wah after all.