Help Needed on buying Ibanez Guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sanjivdas, Dec 22, 2005.

1. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

Dude another thing you have to remember is that the 2004 models are all basswood and NOT mahogany.

So you have to choose between the mahogany oil look(2004) or the infinty pups and the mahogany body(2005). TOUGH CHOICE!!!

Comparison
    Ibanez RG321

1) 2004 model
    a) Mahogany oil look
    b) Basswood body
    c) Powersound Pups

2) 2005 model
    a) Mahogany Body
    b) Infinty Pups
    c) The regular paint job

2. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Dennis : can you give me the contact of OnStage?

3. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

hey sanjiv....RG321MH is very good gutar for that price. Grab a new model which has the INF pups and you'llbe settled for quite some time. I cant understand why do you wnat powersounds.

4. chintan9

Thats coz Powersounds are pretty muddy. ^^^

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Chintan : I heard powersound are muddy too... But INF are deadly..

6. rammy

rammy Guitar=Dope ; Me=Addict

@dennis,: where exactly in lajpat nagar is this on stage?near bharat or the main centre market?if u can give add gr8, if u can gicve add. + ph. greater or atleast give details of the location as i wanna pick a guitar 4 a friend...choosing between ibanez or a krammer....couldnt find a decent ibanez...bhatia has gxr 370 but no rg 370dx or the 321mh......bharat coming with krammers coming wed(he told me today)....so ipls give details of on stage soon otherwise i'll have to go for krammers(btw krammers are also way to gud also........
    @chintan : total agreement that u cant be biased on any brands by the genres....(read in another post.....the tones may diff acc to pups or wood but the genres depends upon what u get out of ur head and improvisations.....u can play any kind of music on any guitar....any one who arranges music in genres dosent undaerstands what music really is....just playing covers gud aint the real thing..............

7. nitinzep

nitinzep New Member

he WANTS muddy pickups? :shock:

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ yes
    some ppl prefer those. They have plenty of bass n mids. Perfect for jazz (may be even some types of blues).

9. chintan9

No dude you got it wrong. Go through the previous posts in detail and youll understand.

rammy likes this.
  10. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

dude chek this out..this is from ibanez USA site...and it shows clearly that iRG321 is available with mahogany body, mahogony oil finish and with the INF pups...
    tell u waht...go and buy in an offline shop...cos sometimes the sites really dont stock up on the latest models...when i got my epi LP.....most sites dint show the tuners to be grovers...but the 2005 models have the grovers.....and i got them from an offline shop....at the same price i was getting online....i got my guitar from CV Loyds, in urbana...IL

https://www.ibanez.com/guitars/guitar.asp?model=RG321MH&z=y&color=0

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

12. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

The wood finish looks awesome

13. sanjivdas

sanjivdas New Member

thanks to all you guys

Thanks once again for all your help. Now I have finalised my choice, RG321 with Mahogany body and Mahogany Oil finish, with INF3 & 4 pickups. I am asking some friends to check the offline stores too, see if they can get a good price.

14. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

In stage is just between Bharat and Bina Musicals .They had the Ibanez RG 370dx but their out of stock .Its priced at 21k

15. chintan9

You mean "on stage"???