Help needed in selecting an amplifier

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Maidenhead, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Maidenhead

Maidenhead UP THE IRONS!!!

hey guys,
    iv got an ibanez rg 370dx with infinity 3 and 4 pickups on the way and i need some help from more experienced players on which amplifier to get with it. my other guitarist has an ibanez grg521ex2 with'emg designed' pickups which sounds alrightish through his marshall avt50 50 watt combo amp.
    i need an amp which complements the ibanez and provides good sustain, along the lines of solo players e.g satch etc. not the all out thrash sounds marshalls and the like are known for. the wattage shud be arnd 50 watts or 75w and iv got the peavy vypyr and line 6 spider 3 in my sights, but ppl say that the latter hasnt got the 'warmth' of other amps. so please, respected fellow rockers, suggest an amp which wud give good rhythm chunk as well as distinctive lead sounds,

thanks a million!

p.s. i cant go test my guitar in a warehouse or a guitarshop cuz i dun have any good stores in my area, so its a direct order from the states or sumthing

2. zak*wylde

zak*wylde New Member

i've heard 4rm many people dat the distortion of line 6 spider sucks.......so be careful

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

The marshalls are not all out thrash.

Coming to amps
    You could check out the Vox AD30/15. or the roland cubes.

4. Maidenhead

oh and btw my budget is arnd $350 max, and that too a sale price. e.g i found the line 6 spider 3 75 watt for $299 on musiciansfriend.com,

the tone i want is a metally, iron maidenish tone, u know with maybe less bite but more sustain. hard to explain really but i hope someone out there gets what im saying

5. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Are you in india or Usa?

6. Maidenhead

dude im in pakistan, islamabad, where the scene is pretty much stagnant. no good shops around so i cant test equipment that i want. if i want some equipment, if relatives/friends/myself are coming from or going to the states i order them to be delivered within the states so that ppl returning can bring it with em. i hope to test some amps very soon but till then i can only rely on ur suggestions. thanks a bunch

7. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

IF its the US prices, for 350$ you can get a tube amp maybe a blues jr or valveking

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

get a Tech21 combo amps (I guess they are named Trademark) and blast away all pseudo valve amps/digit modellers/etc.