Help Needed For Speaker Cabinet

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ronnieanand, Sep 16, 2005.

1. shak

shak Harrr!

their should be leather cleaners out there .. or pale orange leather polish

2. viquar

viquar New Member

shahrukh can ya temme lead guiattrist of ep

3. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

FINALLY:
    ------------

Cabinet is all done. Installed speakers and did all the connections. Gave a 1/4" mono socket for connecting to the speaker cabinet. Using a small patch cable now to connect the amp and cabinet. Initially I thought of putting some bushes in the bottom, then I bought the thick rubber sheet meant for these slipper soles and then pasted it in the bottom. Now it's like the cabinet is wearning slippers. Cuttung thick rubber with a blunt blade is a horrible job.

Finished the cabinet somewhere in the middle of the night yesterday and so couldn't test much except to see that it actually works. So the thing works :). Maybe sometime I will try to take it to the jam room and blast it at a loud volume so see how this cabinet sounds. Now the next thing to make a good amp.

The leather looks damn dirty and the finishing in the corners aren't very impressive. But from a distance it looks really great. I tried using a thinner to clean the leather. It was a real flop. The thinner couldn't do anything. Now I have to see where I can get leather cleaner. Maybe I will check up with the local shoe store. They might have something. If I can clean it, then I will put a neutral polish to protect the leather.

When I make the amp, I am gonna use the same leather to cover it and make it look like a Mini Stack. :beer:

Come over too see the cabinet.
    Damn my hands are really sore :mad:

4. jekyll

jekyll Banned

LMAO @ the slippers worn by the cabinet

if the leather was not tanned properly - nothing can be done ...

ehy dude use a shoe polish for improving the look n finish of the leather ... (neutral tone polish are also available :))

5. ronnieanand

Was on leave for half a day, so increased the volume to a reasonable level and played through the cabinet. It's pretty neat. The cabinet is damn loud. It's got a nice clarity. Maybe I will put in some Celestion or Eminence later when I have some more $e$$terittie$. As of now it rocks. Hold on for a little while. I will post some pictures.

6. shak

shak Harrr!

yay!! excellent ronnie ... pleased to hear that it works :) .. good on ya .. post the pics soon

7. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Congrats..:beer:..really good to see that your efforts have borne fruit..now you wont regret putting your career down the drain;):p:

8. ronnieanand

Bought some Leather Cleaner and a Neutral Wax Polish. Tried cleaning it and polishing it. It didn't work out. It remains as dirty as ever but I started liking it the way it looks. Anyway the cabinet rocks :rock: . Play through it and you will really enjoy it.