Help needed for Distortion Pedal and Processor

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by ywdhfjtu, Sep 25, 2008.

1. ywdhfjtu

ywdhfjtu New Member

Hi guys!! Cud ne1 tell me these things:
    1. Which distortion pedal comes in a range of Rs.1500-2500?
    2. I play ROCK AND METAL, so which processor shud b suitable for me? How much does it cost??

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I think the cheapest one is the digitech badmonkey.

3. sukrut

sukrut God Guitarist

i bought a second hand zoom 505 II as my first processor for 1000rs......the acoustic tones are sometimes even better than the higher models! but distortion sucks!
    you can do what i used to do........practice with this processor and then while recording or playing live you can borrow a good processor like the g2.1u from your sir or your friends! always worked for me!!

other than that at this budget you cant play anything which will sound good.......it'll ultimately bore you.......

cheers!
    :beer:

4. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Bad Monkey is about 2.5 grand, which is in the budgt, but it wouldn't give a hard rock / metal type distortion as a standalone. Having said that, it is hands down the best tube overdrive pedal of all, it gives solos/leads a new life.

@ ywdwtf.. There should be othr local distortion stuff in the budget, like stranger etc, that would be okay kinds. I'd bought three different pedals, still have 2 of them so they aren't bad.
    If you wanna go for something more reliable, you can get a Boss DS1 for 3000.

5. ywdhfjtu

ywdhfjtu New Member

Thnx guys, for ur response.

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

check out the boss Od-2 (or is it os-2) overdrive/distortion combo.
    Its little more expensive than your budget, but it great. Many pro's use it.
    For metal stuff, you would need a separate pedal.
    That would be somthign like Boss MT-2. (again making you poor by approx 4-5K).