help needed by guitar pros

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by chirag11kapoor, Dec 21, 2005.

1. chirag11kapoor

chirag11kapoor New Member

people , my timing is really screwed up. i dont know why. i have tried using the metronome ,but thats not helping much.since now i am so used to playing the guitar without hearing the beats. and i cant sing. anyway else to improve upon timing. :help:

2. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Try to get hold of time attck signatures and try to get that on time. Nothing else works..

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

tap your feet

4. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Even i have the same problem ! Let me know if u get a solution .. Fin it difficult to sing and play ... except stuffs like iron man , NIB , some parts of fade to black ...

5. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

yea i agree with ambush. Tapping ur foot alongwith the strumming helps a lot. Im a living proof.

6. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

yep foot tapping really helps :)

7. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

head bangin is also kewl !! :)

8. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

^^ never tried that b4 ;)

9. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

tht really works bang ur head wid the rythm or metrro.. :rock:

10. knight_guitar

knight_guitar Lead Guitarist

well chiraag, to find out timming u need to experiment , o.k foottapping is fine but it's better if u do a little thap thapi sorta stuff on ur thighs before going for the rhtyhm as there are so many rhythm to choose from, "salsa, kehrwa (sufi style songs are best suited on these rhythms), jazz, rock (pretty famous and strumming is really ), etc. etc." don't worry will give ya some tips on IGT meet :)..

11. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Ya i think i do that ..........

12. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

What about listen to percussive music? Music driven by percussion.