help needed...buying new electric...budget under 18k!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by suryansh, Dec 22, 2007.

1. suryansh

suryansh New Member

is ibanez rg321mh good for playing thrash metal???
    and what about the low end esp ltds(ex50,ax50,f50);washburn anarchy flying v, bc rich bronze warlock...are they a good buy,and which one would be better...is there any other good fixed bridge guitar that i ve missed listing here???please suggest i ve to buy it this week...

2. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Id buy the RG321MH...beautiful guitar. Theres some gregg bennets out there as well. Dont go for any low end LTDs, they suck donkey nads.

3. suryansh

suryansh New Member

hey thanks for suggestion man, but what about washburn anarchy flying v and bc rich warlock does it fall under this price range? are the good?

4. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

BC Rich has a couple of problems with it. The American-made ones are made in BC Rich Custom Shops, and they're said to be the kings of metal (after Ibanez, Jackson and ESP...you get my gist). The Chinese made ones are the worst buys in terms of build quality, or so I've known from friends who own them.
    The Washburn you're refering to is Washburn WV16 Anarchy...dunno about it though, if you're looking for a metal guitar, go for the Washburn N series...

5. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

I had to battle out a last minute indecision between Ibanez RG321MH and Greg bennett AV6 when I logged in to bajaao.com last friday to place my order.
    I selected the AV6,as LP style was what I was looking for..but it could have easily been RG321MH..i was going crazy thinking on which to click the "Buy" button..Both are great guitars for the price. But if Metal is what you live for, then the Ibanez RG321 shd your choice over the AV6.

6. suryansh

suryansh New Member

7. suryansh

suryansh New Member

what price did you pay for the av6???

8. thehundredthone

thehundredthone New Member

The Washburn N1 is a good guitar. Although I don't know how much tremolo abuse it can take.

The WV16 is not a bad guitar, it will have a brighter sound than the RG321MH, because it's made of basswood.

If you were wiling to spend 22k then the N2 would have been an awesome choice, but within 18k the 2 above are good options.

9. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

INR 18,000

10. suryansh

suryansh New Member

keeping in mind the above replies, washburn wv16 seems to be a good choice...i have a total of 25k...and i have to buy amps and processors also,so cant go for n2....now i need to decide b/w ibanez rg 321mh and washburn wv16!!!

11. thehundredthone

thehundredthone New Member

Go try and play them at a local store. Keep in mind that most local stores do horrible set ups, you won't get a real idea about the playability, but you should be able to get some idea about the sound.

Washburn doesn't have a big name but they make quality product. The Nuno Bettencourt series are amazing, and the Idol series are also excellent. I don't think you would go wrong with either of those guitars.

12. suryansh

suryansh New Member

today i visited bhargava's daryaganj delhi shop...ther were selling ibanez rg321mh for rs. 19200 inclusive of taxes...is this the right price??? i ve seen the same model at bajao for 18.5k...

13. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

18.5k + 400(shipping charges) = 18,900.

so i guess better buy from a local shop..for 300 bucks extra you can get a feel of the instrument personally and also compare between differnt colors

14. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

hmm ..i never imported anything so i wouldnt know ..

btw ..@ topic ..http://www.swissvalemusic.com/files/images/products/ibanez/rg321mh-1.jpg
    pretty good ..that ibanez ..
    i love Ibanez guitars ..i suggest you try the guitars at the showroom/outlet ..dont use any processors ..trial it by direct amp output ..you'll get to know the sound of the guitar and other specifics ..google out for some good pickups as well as per what you're looking for ..

15. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

16. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

17. ReBoRn

ReBoRn New Member

certain prs are good too ..dunno about how it fits into metchul ..