help my eyes!!

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by silent_dragon, Mar 13, 2005.

1. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

ok, now this may be a problem for every one of us. MY eyes are growing weaker day by day due to the comp. i've an anti glare screen too but no use, please help and i don't like wearing any specs!!! :shutup:

2. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

get contacts!

3. silent_dragon

aren't they expensive and troublesome?

4. rockin'away

rockin'away Banned

nah my sis has them... once u get used to putting them into ur eyes they arnt hard to do.. if u can touch ur eyeball with ur finger then u wont have any problem:)... cometimes if the contact moves out of place it does irrtate alot but not that bad

5. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

you have to use a LCD/TFT screen.

unfortunately CRT screens are basically like miniTVs which charge up the phsoporous particles in order to create the display. when these are charged they emit radiation which seriously screws your eyes up - hence why you must have heard "do not sit close to the tv". well the same applies for the CRT monitors.

you get a flat screen (LCD/TFT) screen and you wont screw your eyes up because the way these work is that there is a liquid crystal instead of a phosporous particle. This means that there is no need for a ray gun to charge the particles and instead the liquid crystal's value can be changed by a pure electrical current only. So therefore there is no radiation and is safe for the eyes. Plasma screens are basically the same but require plasma toxic materials in order to make that electrical charge fast enough to change the content of the screen without your eye noticing thus you will notice that LCD/TFT screens end after a certain size and plasma screens begin after a certain size. The basic technology between the two is the same just one is more charged.

shak likes this.
  6. shak

shak Harrr!

excellent solution rabi!

7. silent_dragon

oh damn i forgot all about that and guess what i've even ordered an LG LCD monitor which will arrive next week most probably. anyway thnx rabi!!