Help Mumbaikars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by born2tab, Apr 5, 2007.

1. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

How do you mean average?

The last time I visited Tulsi was about 10 years ago. He had no clue how a Floyd worked. I left his shop fuming after having carted the guitar there all the way from Bangalore. Might pay him a visit too

2. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

sound clips werent for you LOLZ! i can get u pics of a tulsi guitar if j00 want

3. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Average meaning they ranged from worse than givson ( the warlock belonging to kiran from abandoned agony... It was arguabley the WORST guitar I've ever played\) to something like a GB&A (his personal guitar)

LOL! I got the same feeling about tulsi the 1st time I talked to him... It took me 3 months to finally work up the guts to take the chance and place an order. However, once I got the guitar, well, I'm completely in love with it!!! If u are coming to B'lore, u can prolly try out a Tulsi guitar.. Plenty of guys here have em :)

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying Tulsi's necks are the best I've ever played, but they are pretty damn good, and waaaaay better than anything I've played on sub 30K (in india) guitars.

Although i suggest u try out Erisa too before u make up ur mind. I have never played one, so cant say anything bout it.

@laney will chk it tommorrow, cant use speakers now.

4. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Oh, I've played plenty of tulsi's actually, but that was a long time ago, back then they were a nightmare, (Have you ever played an electric with a concave profile fingerboard? try playing barre chords for an hour and you'll wanna go home). I'll give him some benefit though, ten years is a long time. Hopefully he's got it by now. you have the numbers of Bobby and tulsi?

Dang,... Just blew a fuse on the Marshall :(

wait a minute... If you haven't played an Erisa how can you say it's average???

5. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Yup 10 years is a long time. Infact, in the last 2-3 years itself, the quality of his necks and general work has gone up quite a bit.

6. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Erisa will do compound radius necks. He worked for around 18 years at the Santa Cruz guitar co. (check out their site, their acoustics start from $ 4500 and up) so he should know what he's doing. He uses lots of figured Indian woods, all aged. Am planning to get my Variax/MIDI/Sustainiac built from there sometime soon.

7. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

He was talking about Bobby's guitars.

8. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Could you post a link please? and bobby's phone number also?

9. abhijitnath

10. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

That's quite a nice looking guitar, and it works for me since I don't care for inlays. I use the side dots, If he has those I'll be happy. I've got his number and I'll give him a call. Might be worth seeing him about making an amp head cab for my next project ;-)

thanks

11. abhijitnath

12. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Yup, I've been in communication with Roy and I'm planning to pay them both a visit soon. Roy liked my amp btw ;-)

13. abhijitnath

Dammit..I've been planning a trip for a long time as well...but work etc. etc..
    Hey, since you're in Bombay as well, can I come and check out your amp sometime?

14. Double Click

Double Click New Member

@ tallkien.. I think u got confused, I said Bobby's guitars were bad, not Erisa's.

15. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

clearly I need a holiday ;-) Looking forward to it actually.

@abhi: I'm leaving for bangalore soon and I'll be back by the start of next month. I'm also shifting houses but you can come check out the amp only if you bring your gat and jam a couple of hours, but yeah, you're most welcome. Will let you know when I'm back

16. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

^^^PM me if u or anyone wants bobby no.