Help Mumbaikars

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by born2tab, Apr 5, 2007.

1. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

I have enquired every where in Bangalore and even called ashutosh the bajaoo.com guy.
    But i am not able to order a lefty guitar.:annoyed:
    I am interested in washburn,ESP,squirer fender models and epiphone.
    A fren of mine says that the furtados have some lfety stock or else they can straight away order from the dealers abroad????
    Can someone confirm on this???
    So that if this info is true i can come over to Mumbai and order one for me:eek::

2. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Go for Tulsi dude....You wont regret....It will sound better than what you plan to buy....

3. born2tab

I thought about it and shreyas refered me to bobby.
    Have u played any of the guitars made by bobby..
    I mean shud i go for a guitar thats made by bobby???

N e way i wud still prefer a branded one like a epihphone or something:cry1:

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Go for Tulsi Guitar......You wont regret...Your friends will regret for having bought something else....Screw the brand name...Go for Tulsi....Or spend at least $1000 on a branded one...Cheap ones are crappy...

5. born2tab

For tulsi i need to go to chennai.Give him my specifications and then again go to collect it when its all done.
    Dont have that much time.specially being in the job i am:annoyed:

What are ur opinions about bobby????

6. vedder

vedder New Member

@born2tab:

The lefty guitars in mumbai are crappy. The last time i visited furtados they had 2 lefty guitars. One was a samick...looked like it was a hundred years old with scratches on the body and the frets having rust on them. Was still priced at 12K and they refused to offer any discount!

The other was a kramer with a maple fretboard (and an extremely high action!) for about 25K which looked good but i didnt like the tone somehow. I dont know if they have any new lefty models. Also i dont think they can order guitars in an instant..most times when i've asked them, they say it takes about 3 months or so.

There is a store next to furtados called Bhargava's music. They have a left handed Ibanez for about 27K or so i think though I havent really checked it out. You can try that if you feel like.

So I finally got my left handed electric made from Chennai from Manuel Musicals about 2 years back. It is a strat copy and has the brand name "Tansen". Took 2-3 weeks for it to reach me but it was quite worth it. It cost me about 13K i think.

I also have a couple of lefty acoustic guitars which took me ages to acquire. One is an epiphone which i got from singapore a month back. it is really really good, but it cost me about 22K with taxes. The other is a Hobmer which i ordered from a dealer in ahmedabad for 3.5K a year and half back. Took 2 months though for me to get it since he had to source it from a distributor in calcutta.

Lefty guitars are tough to find, especially good ones. I suggest you dont be in a hurry. Keep looking and inquiring. If you see one at a store shamelessly as for a discount cuz no one really buys lefty guitars!..:D
    Otherwise get one made from Chennai in my opinion. Might take a little while, but it will be worth it. Those guys have excellent workshops and you can be assured of a quality guitar!

Cheers!
    - Gaurav

7. born2tab

Thanks gaurav.
    Isnt manuel musicals the one located in sperncer plaza.
    I had been there long time back.But at that time i was into accoustic and hadnt progressed to electric.And more over Tansen now has stopped production.

I now have only one option left:annoyed:
    To get one made from Tulsi or Bobby.

I wud prefer bobby considering the location as he too is based in blore.
    Until some one on this site tells me some miracle way to obtain a branded lefty baby:cry1:

8. satanslad

satanslad New Member

But....

There's an Ibanez(lefty of course) on bajaao.....RG370DXL...

9. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Bobby's guitars are lousy. I've checked out quite a few of them now, and the best one was very very average. Do urself a favour and order a Tulsi.

Plus, u can ask him to ship it to u if u want.

10. born2tab

Thats way too costly.24k.

My budget is 15k at the max

11. satanslad

satanslad New Member

oh.....ok then u can ditch the ibanez...ya tulsi would be a good choice.

12. born2tab

Ok then decided.
    Gimme the contact persons name and phone number.
    :beer:

13. yazi

yazi Banned

Hang on bro, call up Furtados or Onstage (both in Mumbai) once.

14. born2tab

Will give that a shot too if someone can provide me with the phone numbers:think:

15. yazi

yazi Banned

Hang on.......

16. born2tab

....:think:.................

17. yazi

yazi Banned

OnStage: 022-23851519/23827728

18. born2tab

Thanks bro!!Now i can see a ray of light:)

19. yazi

yazi Banned

Wait:

Name : BX Furtado
    Address: BX Furtado, Jer Mahal Dhobitalao
    City/Postal Code: Mumbai 400002
    Phone: 912222013105

20. born2tab

u really changed ma narrow scope bro!!!

thanks a lot yazi and double click for broadening my options:nw: