Help Me Understand Electirc Guitar Strings

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by roadkill, Sep 25, 2009.

1. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Thanks flood, I'll do that... 10s and d'addario EXL - got it.

I wasn't planning to get cheapo\generic ones anyway... Got burned once and learnt my lesson since then - The price difference isn't all that much and it makes a huge difference to your playing... The "dead within a month" is really true.

2. guitardoctor

Erm... I shouldn't be worried about my guitar warping, should I? I'm not even sure what the current gauge of strings on the guitar is (I bought it with those strings on it)...

3. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

you shudn't be worried but it may happen with much heavier gauge, so jus be warned.. 10s are jus gonna be fine..

4. guitardoctor

Thanks mate...

5. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

I accidentally put in 9s in my 7 string, and I was like "crap man, the STOCK strings were better!" The 7th string was as thin as a 5th on the previous one. I don't know if playing has become easier since then, didn't really notice (touchstyle, ding dong).

Oh well, bunch of more months to go with them before I get a new set -.-'

6. flood

flood New Member

perhaps with 13s. but i betcha don'T have them cojones to bend 'em :D

(neither do i, for that matter. i have 12s on my fretless strat though, and it looks like i need 15s for that particular guitar. no bending on a fretless, goes without saying, but the thinner unqound strings have zero sustain.)