help me need your expert suggestion!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by troubledrocker, Apr 24, 2007.

1. yazi

yazi Banned

Though it would be easier for them to put on a nice coat of paint than to put in an overdrive circuit in their guitars!

2. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

I had tried playing Ritchie Blackmore's Starstruck on Ibanez....and it didnt sound that great. I played the same song on a Mexican Fender and it sounder really clean.........and moreover i really dont like Ibanez tone......it misses that melodious tone..............

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I tried playing Lamb of god on my acoustic...when i played it on an ESP it was different!

Point: Diff guitars , different sound....BUT ....my ibanez can handle most genres...

4. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I'm sorry if I came off a little rude, but I get tired of people saying that the clean tone on an Ibanez isn't good and other crap.

You liked the tone of a Fender, that I understand. I hope you played them through the same pedals+amplifier.

5. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Do you think maybe single coils on the strat versus humbuckers on the Ibanez might have something to do with it?

6. yazi

yazi Banned

I believe so. A humbucker has a fattier sound, right? So it doesn't cut through that well and produces a muddier mellow sound thats great for heavy riffs and rhythms. Single coils on the other hand bring that bright and shiny tone that defines rock and roll!

7. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Yeah, but the single on the Ibanez does not sound like a coil you would find on a Strat....

8. yazi

yazi Banned

So, put in a strat pup

9. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

No i dont want to. I want to sell it and buy what i really want now.

10. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

Isn't this like ur 2348562394856th guitar that you really really want? jk

More people need to learn to coil tap. And I never understood the purpose of the single in the middle position. I would much rather have 2 humbuckers and coil tap, or just buy a tele.

11. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Were you referring to me? If so , no ....its about 42nd

12. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

Well good luck with it.

13. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Something always happens lol.....something bad...and then i loose the chance of getting the guitar

14. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

If you have a good right hand, the middle can be made to sound like either neck or bridge, and it adds plenty of quack in positions 2 and 4.

I'd go with series/parallel instead of SC tap. SC sound with hum killing properties

15. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

You can have parallel/Series aaaaaaaand coil split. And imho, parallel wiring doesn't sound much like SC at all. Its more like a lower output 'bucker.

I have a cheap strat copy, and I find that the middle SC adds just a li'l bit of 'colour' to my tone. I supose my right hand isn't up to it, cos I've never been able to make the middle SC sound like it was in the bridge or neck position.

16. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Yup, I just can't stand 50 cycle hum or any other kind for that matter so I avoid true single

17. Devil's_Own

Devil's_Own New Member

Hi, may I add that RG370DX is cool guitar, u can go for it. I did extensive research n then bought myself S470BK. Thing that I liked more in S470 is it's lighter, tone is rich in all 5 settings, INF pickups are damn good n'uf. Mostly ZR tremolo is SWEET. Ya u might have a little problem changing strings n tuning of ur RG370DX because of it's floating bridge but u'll get over it pretty soon. There r many websites where u'll find articles, pics n videos to do it properly. Such as in IBANEZRULES. It's a pure axe for metal n hardrock genre. Plus damn ***y too...lol. In Bajaao.com they r selling it for 23,500 Rs. Think about it but don't forget to try the S470 too. It'll cost u 31,500 Rs. But I think it worths.

18. yazi

yazi Banned

^^^^ DUDE, I need an entire review and pics!

19. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Pics i can get you. Got lots of friends who have that guitar. I can even get you videos.

20. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

What abt the noiseless singles?