Help me choose an electric guitar and an Amp and find a good store in kolkata...

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by tirtha2chester, Apr 21, 2011.

1. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

Hi guys, I'm new to IGT.... I've been playing acoustic guitar for the past one year and intend to buy an electric one, which I'd like to begin with.... After doing a thorough research on the internet, i narrowed down to these choices:

1) Ibanez GRG 170 DX
    2) Ibanez GRG 150
    3) Gregg Bennet Avion AV1
    4) BC Rich Warlock Platinum
    6) Fender Squier Bullet Stratocaster

i would like a versatile guitar which can play all sorts of music ranging from Pop rock, Punk Rock to Death Metal, or atleast suit good to these genres with the combination of amps/processors.... My budget is within 15k... Any other GOOD guitars within the range are welcome for consideration

AMPLiFIERS

I know nothing about them, their features and so on.... My budget is within 8k... The amp needs to have basic effects like vibrato, reverb and mild distortion....... Though i'm considering the following, i need more suggestions from you guys
    1) Roland Cube 20X
    2) Stranger Cube 40
    3) Stranger Cube 80

Please don't suggest anything below 20W

PROCESSORS
    this again i have no knowledge of... Suggest me so real good processors/effect pedals worth spending Rs.5000..... Needs to have WAH WAH and distortion....

GUITAR STORE IN KOLKATA???
    I live in Calcutta and hence need some suggestions for good guitar/music stores which have a wide range of guitars , amps and so on from variety of brands so i can find the best of the best things at my budget....
    Wating for your reply,
    Regards,
    Tirtha

2. bcrich

bcrich New Member

Why? You practice with a band?

3. tirtha2chester

tirtha2chester New Member

@bcrich-
    no i would like to start off by my own.... I don't practice with a band..... And i want an amp above 20W since i've heard that anything below it sounds puns and the reverb and distortion is not that prominent..... Help me out man....

4. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

I doubt there is any pedal with both distortion and wah wah anywhere near 5K.

Only one processor with both Wah Wah and Distortion - Zoom G1XN (the Zoom G1 has wah wah but no pedal, that comes separate).

5. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

8k and Vibrato? Doubt any >20W decent amp in that price range has it. You can check out the Laney Prism P20 20W, its a good amp under 8K but i doubt it has anything close to vibrato/pitch shifter.

BTW if you are going to buy a processor, you would have those effects (delay/reverb/chorus/whatever) options on it, so IMO go for a good amp (bigger speakers, good brand and better wattage) without those effects. A good amp without any effects is way better than an average amp with lots of effects.

6. deepsal

deepsal New Member

give me a budget to work upon all the thinhs you mentioned here are shit
    And do you know the watage and db relation,ofcourse you dont thats why you've asking noob things
    post your budget,take my advice and then ask the same question on ultimate guitar and see how correct i am
    not being a dick btw never take advice from the members of igt
    gear noobs,only 2-3guys here know the shit

7. deepsal

deepsal New Member

I saw rahulp's post he know his shit but not exactly
    anyways get your gear from guitar center at tolly a.k.a rolands in tollygung kolkata
    Again when you enter there mever take their advice they will try to sell you spiders which suck

8. bcrich

bcrich New Member

OMG "deepshit"! Would you ever stop pal?

9. deepsal

deepsal New Member

I guess no i am famous for being rude with gear noobs on ug and sevenstring But the problem is the amt of gear noobs on ug is 1/1000 but on igt .....horrible
    hehe