help me buying new electric guitar ???

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by AJ2691992, Sep 29, 2012.

1. AJ2691992

AJ2691992 New Member

hello....Actually iwas planning to buy esp ltd viper 50 +boss me25 but just had a doubt about EX50 ?? IS there any better guitar(may be of other brand too) in this price range ????OR any other advice regarding this AWAITED:)

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

budget??? genre you play or prefer to play? amp needed or not?

3. AJ2691992

AJ2691992 New Member

FIRST of all thanx 4 reply......
    total buget is RS 30000 (maximum can go upto RS 33000 ) ....i want it for versatile playing not just strictly for one type of genre .(more of rock music and thrash metal bit off)..i dnt require amps...just need a good guitar and good processor only....

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Get a Zoom G3 processor... it'll cost you around 12k... For the remaining amount you can get yourself a Greg bennett AV6/AV3... Or Cort CR250... A yamaha pacifica will also be a good option... But for the processor it is Zoom G3.. i have one and it's the best processor in this range...

5. AJ2691992

AJ2691992 New Member

k....iwil consider g3......
    whtz the main diff in thes 2 boss me 25& zoom g3??i hav got no idea about it(other than price
    )

6. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

G3 is like a virtual pedal board. You have 6 slots each of which can have one of the 100 effects/amp models. You chain these effects together (as you would with real stomp boxes) to create a patch. Each of the effects in your signal chain have multiple parameters that can be controlled through dedicated knobs. I am using one since Feb this year. Try to get G3X which has an expression pedal and costs 13k only.

7. AJ2691992

AJ2691992 New Member

THNX shubham ...u think i shud go 4 zoom g3 x over boss me 25

8. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

Well i don't want to start the Zoom v/s Boss v/s Vox v/s POD debate. I like Zoom G3(X) and would recommend it for its own merits. Not because i want to be diplomatic but for the fact that i have never heard-live or played a ME25.

All said, you wont regret buying a Zoom.

9. mymusicmyguitar

mymusicmyguitar Active Member

Using Boss ME 25 LIVE would be a tedious job unless u r not using lot of tones. Not sure about the Zooms practical usage on stage..

10. shubhamAT

shubhamAT New Member

I have had no issues with Zoom G3 on the two instances i have used it live. For its category its almost as practical as any other. One can either switch between patches in a sequential manner or toggle individual effects in a patch.

When using more than one patch in a song its obvious these patches have to be next to each other. Changing banks is bit tricky but can be done with a little practice. To change banks one has to simultaneously press two stomp buttons. They are placed wider than an average foot's width (Indian size) so one has to angle the toe to achieve this.

Within a patch one can turn individual vitrual-stomp-boxes by pressing the corresponding stomp button. With V1 it was straightforward since each button was mapped to one effect. In V2 there can be upto 6 effects in the chain with only three screens/buttons. If you plan to toggle effect(s) during a song make sure they are already displayed on the screen since effects can be scrolled only with tiny buttons which are big enough just for your pinky.