help me buying a new guitar!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by somendra_guitar, May 11, 2005.

1. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

i'm going to a new guitar in a few days
    till now i was practising on my chacha's age old guitar
    now that has started giving a bad sound i'm buying a new guitar
    should i buy an electric or acoustic??
    which brand??
    what about amps??
    n also picks??
    what all should i check in a guitar b4 buying it??

2. LEFTY_GUITARIST

LEFTY_GUITARIST -= M®. §öU†|-|ÞäW =-

u should buy acoustic..................but there is no rule...if u want elec.......go get it.......................
    if ur buying elec......then go for a small amp.......maybe 20 watt or so.......
    don't worry about pics......go for dunlop.........
    what all should i check in a guitar b4 buying it??
    there r good threads about this topic.....read them

3. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey SOmendra you havent mentioned how good you are playng the guitar right now, so its difficult to decide which guitar you want...... And you also havent mentioned what sort of music you want to play with your guitar and how much you are willng to spend..... If you can give those details maybe people will be able to help you better.......

4. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

@nanda

i just started guitar 2-3 months ago!!!
    i'm quite good at leads & can play them quite well on any guitar!
    the problem i have is with chords!!
    i have just started learning chords 20 days ago & am not comfortable with barre chords

'bout preferences i like to play all kind of music i can play!!
    no special preference!!!

'bout spending bucks i can spend a decent sum 4 a decent instument
    i want a thing that does not trouble me 4 at least next 5-7 yrs.
    i can spend anything under 7-8 thousand good'ol rupees

a bit more wud not also hurt if it is worth it

5. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

somendra_guitar , hey dude i had totally forgotten about this thread.... guess you can go for a semi acoustic guitar.... For the price you are willing to spen you can geat a really good semi acoustic.... the advantage of semi ove acoustic is you can put electric guitar strings and play some great lead with all the bending and stuffs...... Also unlike the acoustic this lets you use up to 21st fret... that is good enough for normal lead...

Oscar Schmidt OE30 Semi-Hollow Electric Guitar will cost you some 7k.... it has Washburn 400 pickups..... maybe you should try that out......

6. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

some i said the washbrn x8 is costing 130 dollars -thats in this price range- u mgiht want to check it out as well