help me 2 tune ma guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by aquaboy69, Jul 8, 2005.

1. aquaboy69

aquaboy69 New Member

:help: :help: :help:

hey guys i hav shifted 2 a new place n i realli wanna noe how 2 tune a guitar coz i had a treacher at ma old location but now i cant fine any1 hea....plzz help me 2 tune ma guitar.........i ll b grateful...thx

2. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

3. richard

richard New Member

to be more accurate ,, use an electronic tuner n tune in to te corect freq.. manual tuning may be in tune wit u but not in tuning wit the instrument ,,

4. richard

richard New Member

in case u dont find any check out this site chordbooks.com

5. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Ah even though this is in the wrong place, hope you got what you were looking for! Welcome to the boards :)

6. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

this is the simplest procedure ..

1) set the lowest (thinnest) string to standard 'E' tuning (by comparing with a track in which the lowest string has been played distinctively enough for u/ comparing with keyboard E note ) or if not possible then to any arbitrary tuning

2) now compare the note on the 5th fret of 2nd string and tighten/loosen it the string till it sounds the same as the lowest string played open

3) hope u done with that.. so now tighten/loosen the 3rd string till the note on the 4th fret sounds same as the 2nd string played open

4) when this is done move to the 4th string . tighten/loosen it till its 5th fret sounds same as the 3rd string played open

5) now tighten/loosen 5th string till its 5th fret sounds same as the open 4th string

6) now tighten/loosen 6th string till its 5th fret sounds same as the open 5th string

hope this helps dood :cool:

7. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

use a tuner...like aptuner ....coz it's not dat easy for a beginner to tune guitar.....use a tuner and along with the tuner apply the above steps

8. vini

vini Repeat Offender

www.8notes.com or still better get ur ear tuned..err..trained!! :grin:

tahda!!

9. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i am sure , the guitar would be tuned by now :)

moved to beginers q & a !! !