Help in picking out a beginners guitar?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by chitchatjjj, Feb 12, 2009.

1. chitchatjjj

chitchatjjj New Member

hi,
    i've never played the guitar before in my life. right now, i know the basics and the theory. i plan on going for lessons next month. i'm not into classical at all so i guess i'll go for an electrical guitar. i'd rather prefer a guitar pack than just the guitar. my budget is upto rs.10000. so, any ideas? also i don't plan on taking this as a career or for playing in a band, just for personal entertainment.

2. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Bajaao starter pack for 10k..but the java guitar in tat pack suks.

3. chitchatjjj

chitchatjjj New Member

i've seen that one b4..any other suggestions?

4. thedisciple

thedisciple New Member

Bettr nt go for a pack...invest tat amount on the guitar itself.

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'd reccomend starting off on an acoustic. Halve your budget and buy a semi-decent acoustic. If you get hooked, invest some more money and buy an electric and an amp.

6. amoghkabe

amoghkabe New Member

ESP starter pack on bajoo.com, however the guitars in beginners pack wouldnt be that good. Try n increase the amount u r ready to shell out...
    I too feel u should start of with an acoustic. My guitar tutor said its easier to play electric guitars, smaller body thinner fret and less action. But once you learn with a good old acoustic and ur fingers are set, u can go for electric.
    And there are other things too, what kinda music u play and what if you loose interest and all...

7. chitchatjjj

chitchatjjj New Member

8. distorted

distorted satan

On this budget, u'll get sum very poor quality indian makes, search fr sum chinese made stuff, dey will be the best piks, i wont suggest the starter pack anyhow, d guitar sucks n the amp too... N if u r playing an electric, u'll need a processor sooner or later, odrws wts the fun of having an electric?

9. Strings Lord

Strings Lord New Member

fender wud cum for around 12k. dnt buy d 10k or 12k Ibanez though its tempting. A fender or an Ibanez GRG 170(for around 14k)

10. distorted

distorted satan

^dude he is asking fr a complete package in 10k... Vaise i suppose, getting secondhands is the best option... U'll atlst get a bit better quality odrws wrapping in such a small budget is impossible.