Help in learning guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Coolfire, Aug 24, 2004.

1. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Now i dont repent my ways of learning.. Cause i learnt Power chords before open chords LOL. .Cause i learnt on my own and the words "Power Chords" gave me a lot of JOSH.. LOL..

2. highwayman

highwayman Eternal Bachelor ! ! !

@Sonali....thats Highwayman..just to correct you.

I am entering the domain of learning open chords these days.
    Its quiest a lot of hardwork yaar....you really get pissed of times...because that F chord just wudn't sound rite...and stuff like that.
    But its doin amazing things to my patience.

Rock On!!!

3. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

Hey man ...Have patience..a day will come when u will strum F chord perfectly!!!

Till then just enjoy all the crazy sounds that u r getting while playing it!!!

4. highwayman

highwayman Eternal Bachelor ! ! !

Mars ji...this seems to be a personnel experience...is it??
    Ya there sure are strange sounds coming out of my guitar when i am playing F. But I will play it sonner rather than later.

:rock:

5. Coolfire

Coolfire New Member

what are scales for

6. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

they basically desribe which notes you play to form a pattern that reflect a mood.

This pattern will start at a note and will consist of a certain number of notes that you play between the start note and the end note which is the octave of the first note.

For example C major scale is:
    major scale = happy sounding scale that
    starts at C and ends at C(but the next C from the start C)
    It consists of 7 notes
    These notes are C, D, E, F, G, A, B
    Therefore if you play a song/tune that is basaed on C major scale these are the notes you should be playing, so basically you don't play C#, D#, F#, G# or A#.

Different scales reflect different moods, different numbers, different ascents and descents. An ascent is the notes you play from the start note to its octave note, the descent is the reverse of the ascent.

There are deliberate gaps in between the notes, so for instance C major scale is
    C, D, E, F, G, A, and B. So if you transposed (change the START NOTE of the scale) to C# the new scale becomes:
    C#, D#, E#(F), F#, G#, A#, B#(C)

Note that E# is actually F, but its important to consider this equivalence because when reading from the staff the E# note for a piece in C# major would be marked as E# and not F! The same is said for the equivalent note B# = C.

As you can see the gaps in between the notes remain the same, each scale has a different length of gaps and notes that appear in the scale that may differ between the ascent and descent.