help in buying an electric guitar,budget 20k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by s0uldefiner, Oct 16, 2010.

1. s0uldefiner

s0uldefiner New Member

hi!
    well i have been playing acoustic guitar for last 2 years,so i m not a very beginner kind, thinking of switching myself to an electric version.

i have heard names of companies like jackson, ibanez, cort, esp, b.c.rich,greg bennet and many more . all these companies have many different series of guitars which is making it even harder for me to decide which one is actually my kind.

i basically wanna play rock and metal, even some clean blues wont be bad somtimes. I m more of a rhythm player. Bands like skillet, Breaking Benjamin, daughtry, evanascence,linkin park(every ones fav), bullet for my valentin, nirvana etc etc r of my taste. well list is quite long, hoping that these names will help u to guide me in buying my electric guitar.

my budget is 20k(cant extend it any more)

thank u

(sory if it irritated u because of its length)

2. s0uldefiner

s0uldefiner New Member

i wud like to add to it that my budget 20000 Rs (as i have seen people r also posting in dollars). wanna buy it in india. no location boundation. suggest me the cities also where it can be available.

3. anup57panthi

anup57panthi New Member

dude ..simply go for ibanez!!! there are the awsme guitars as i would say guitar is nothing but the guitarist should b good!! but boys need toys too so they make gr8 guitars they are cheap damn smooth.................u can certainly look for those ranges guitar in bajaoo inia forum ...if u get sme guitar post ur model num then we have boys who cna really guide u well with it....so all the best.jai metal!!

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I would suggest a greg bennet av3 and a roland amp.

5. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

The people posting so far have given good advice, but just to spare their breath and to show you what options you have, I suggest you read the IGT gear guide -> Part 1 Part 2

6. s0uldefiner

s0uldefiner New Member

@anup57panthi

the real prob is i mm not able to figure out which series shud i be looking for in ibanez and all other guitar manufacturers.
    any suggestions anup57panthi on ibanez guitars

7. s0uldefiner

s0uldefiner New Member

@ambush

hey ambush do u know anything about Greg Bennett Torino SG Style TR-3 Electric Guitar....... what kind a guitar is it, will it suit my style of rock and metal

thanks 4 d suggestion

8. s0uldefiner

s0uldefiner New Member

@ultrabot90
    thank u,, nice link to teach me alot

i need a suggestion ,,, there a many manufacturers falling in my range...
    this is list of names of manufacturers

B.C.Rich
    cort
    vendetta
    Esp
    fender
    greg bennet
    Ibanez
    Rat(never heard its name before)
    Schecter
    washburn(only one guitar within price range13k-20k)

sggest me d brands which i shud be considering.

thank u

9. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Try all the guitars in your budget, if available... You never know what you'll like...
    Also, by the time you're done ruling out the guitars which don't have the style (les paul/strat/SG/tele etc) you want, the bridge you want, the pickups you want, the wood you want, the tone you want, the looks you want... Well, you're left with very few guitars to choose from. So don't start off by picking a single particular company to buy from... Try what's available at your budget, then bring it down to a short list of guitars which you like and then choose among them.

10. ngpune

ngpune New Member

yea..first decide what kind of pickups you want..immediately you'l be able to shortlist a few guitars..if you wanna buy Ibanez, go for the 'grg' series..i just bought an ESP a couple of months back n i love it!..
    if there is a branch of Furtados in your city,jus walk in n take every guitar in your hand, play it n decide on the spot..trust me..nothin helps more than actually playin the guitars n checkin them out!..
    all the best.. :)

11. ultrabot90

The reason I didn't respond is I don't think he really read the Guide (going to bajaao and doing a search is easier, I guess)

@OP - Read the relevant links (hint - for you, 'Electric guitar choosing guide') in the Guide.* Recommended models are right there too, if you care to see.

*I'm deliberately not posting them here because that's why we compiled the Guide - so as not to keep posting those links and that info over and over again, for every newbie - the stuff written there has been that useful.

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

13. s0uldefiner

s0uldefiner New Member

thanks

Thank u for all ur suggestion guys . U people have been of gr8 help.
    i have decided that i m going for greg bennett avion series.
    but d thing that is now confusing me is " whats d major difference btw av3,av6 & av7". they all have ducan designed 101 &102 pickups, they have d same wood, and even the same grover tuners.

can any body help me with this ????????

and what is d major difference btw nickle, chrome and gold harwares & which is better( i suppose gold is better)

14. s0uldefiner

s0uldefiner New Member

guys i posted this thing here becoz i think u guys are capable of solving my querry as i m kind of incapable of finding and understanding the difference and not becoz i m lazy.

still waiting for your replies

15. dreamsroz

dreamsroz New Member

Hi

hi, everyone!

16. ultrabot90

No major difference I guess. This has been discussed before. Search the gear talk forum.