Help in buying Acoustic guitar (Noida,Delhi)

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by chaggudog, Dec 19, 2006.

1. chaggudog

chaggudog New Member

hey folks,
    i have been playing guitar since about 1 & 1/2 yrs...at that time i bought a cheap acoustic guitar to learn it as i was learning it all from the net and wasnt sure i could go all the way....

now tht i am quite satisfied with my progress i want to move on and buy a good acoustic guitar...i have a budget around 5k....cant go much beyond that...suggest me a nice guitar in this range.

i m in Noida...so even shops around delhi can be recomended....

how abt the Plato guitar's shown here...r they good?

http://www.bajaao.com/pluto-jumbo-acoustic-guitar-pickup-and-equalizer-p-3836.html

how abt the Givson brand...or ne other u all can suggest....thnx in advance...

2. yazi

yazi Banned

3. vini

vini Repeat Offender

in my opinion..

pluto is not that bad either..but yes..if u can get yamaha for around 5k..then nothing bad in it....but then u would have to buy from bajaao.com only..it originally costs 6k...so what will u do if ur budget is too tight n cant go beyond 5 grands???arrange 1grand somehow..coz yamaha is best out of all these....i think u can even check out granada!

still better...u go to the shop and give ur budget..then help shopkeeper to find u a good guitar!

buy from onstage (lajpat nagar)..it is cheaper in comparison wid bharat music house (lajpat nagar / panchkuian road)

4. yazi

yazi Banned

No, man, Onstages electrics are cheaper not acoustics.

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

go to both on-stage n bmh..(located closely)...compare and then buy..simple!

i've heard of some shops in darya ganj too..no idea, where exactly

6. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

Daryaganj is full of these shops.Virtually every other shop sells musical instruments and pop corn machines.

7. yazi

yazi Banned

They r popcorn machines? I thought they were coffee machines!

@ALL: Daryaganj is full of fake stuff. Be careful!

8. Nouman011

Nouman011 New Member

I know people will scream at me for saying so, but the givson venus special isn't that bad. Though the yamaha is still a better option.

EDIT: J&D make some decent guitars too.

Thing with the acoustic is to take care of it well. Understand whats happening with ur instrument. Protect it from tempreture fluctuations, humidity, and play it regularly, loosen the strings if u dont. Atleast this is what I understand from my limited experience.

I have an el cheapo chinese(?) acoustic guitar (Parrot?). Its aged well, and although the fretwork and finish is terrible, the guitar sounds much better than any of the new low end yamaha's I play at guitar shops.

9. petermasc

petermasc New Member

yeah man try your best to get the yamaha,if u cannot, go in for the granada they are pretty good,try every guitar before buying to compare tones.don't make the mistake i made and buy a givson.........100% shit guitars.i did not have anybody to advise me back then........

10. vini

vini Repeat Offender

@chaggudog

even gb&a acoustics r awesome..but i dunno how much do they cost these days..do check em out as well

@nazr
    lol..really? never been there, but yes i've heard u can buy copies from there..guitar copy..not notebook

11. nazr

nazr angel is my genital..

12. yazi

yazi Banned

They are duplicates built exactly according to dimensions of original guitar.

And you can buy notebooks there too

13. chaggudog

chaggudog New Member

hey thnx every1...guess every1 suggesting a yamaha...thnx 4 everythng....will update u all which 1 i finally decided....

14. supernic

supernic New Member

I bought an Ariana acoustic (AW 15) from Lajpat Nagar for 4k. The sound quality is really good for this price range...