Help in Buying a new guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by deveshs, Dec 14, 2005.

1. deveshs

deveshs New Member

Hi all,

I am looking for new steel string acoustic hollow guitar, from previous disscussions available on this fourm(s) I have figured out that Hobner-265 is a good option, but what is the price and availability of this brand in pune, is not clear to me.

Any ideas about this Or if there are some sibling alternative of this brand

please help me out!

Thanks

2. nitin_pai

nitin_pai New Member

hi deveshs,

Yea according to me hobner 265 is a good option for beginners... I too bought a couple of weeks ago from S.B.Stores malad. Im dont have any idea of its availability in pune. Its a nice acoustic guitr to get your hands on quickly. It comes at a retail price of Rs. 3000/-

Other options include Givson and Ibaneez. But according to shop owner and a music teacher from whom i had inquired I went for hobner 265. You can even get a smaller sized Hobner model for about Rs.1800 but its a 12 fret modell..whereas hobner 265 is a 15 fret model. I would suggest u go for hobner 265 :)

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

^^^^^ huh??????????
    hobner 265 has 22 frets with the neck joint at 15th fret.....
    its a good model......lovely sound.....zillions better than any givson.....i got it for 2.5 k some 4 yrs back i got mine from furtados....
    i think i saw a hobner in awaz at clover.....when i was in pune some time back(june to be precise)
    ....but dude...awaz has got some really amazing looking and even more amazing sounding chinese guitars.....at decent prices....try em out

4. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

When going for acoustics..go and play all of them..take the one which sounds good to you(or if you dont trust your ear take someone knowledgable along)..coz there is large variability in the sounds of even the same models.....ofcourse look at the build quality too..generally I have found Hobner and Signature to be better than Givson..be careful with those Chinese ones: some of them dont have truss rods and neck warp can occur over time..

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

What nebu says is right..

Pune right.. Go to the shop near FC.. uska naam yaad nahi he..

6. vini

vini Repeat Offender

do try out Gb&A as well

7. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

GB&A will be pricer......i thnk their range starts at 5k or somethin...but confirm this.......

8. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

dude.......i guess therz no shop in f.c.........therz one in m.g aawaz, and one more.......... one in laxmi road(mehndale)........but lemme tell u pune is a costly place for guitars as ive seen...the best deal for acoustics is kolkata...but 4 u u have no option u have 2 buy it 4rm pune.....

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

he could buy it from mumbai:)

10. sumit

sumit HaNdS uPPP!!

INTUNE also sells guitars..

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Awaaz is astupid shop.. He had an amazing brand called SPider and was trying to tell me some international star uses it..

12. deveshs

deveshs New Member

Thanx to all of u for such a grate response.

dose any body knows shops in Goa for same as I will be in Goa for a week aprox. And from all ur replies I have a conclusion that I should go for Hobner265.

probebly I will get It from Goa.
    Thanx

13. deveshs

deveshs New Member

What is benifit of having 15 fret guitar instead of 12 fret?

14. deveshs

deveshs New Member

I will go And check for hobner 265 15 fret.

15. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

You can play higher notes easily..

16. deveshs

deveshs New Member

Hi All, I request all to please tell me about buying a giutar in Goa, Will it be cheaper? Or its going to be a bad idea as for a week approx I am going to Goa. I am leaving today evening

17. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Only a Goan can answer that question.. I know one shop there.. But i just bought strings there.. Didnt have time to check out guitars there.. No idea what its called.. Its on the same road a Kala Auditorium(Very Famous)..

18. deveshs

deveshs New Member

I have checked out at INTUNE, There he was saying he will buy it from mumbai for me . I think its better to go to mumbai and but it my self istead of take there help. One of my friend stays in mumbai Who may guid me about this

19. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Goa ... ya u might get something for less there .. try it out ! u'll be there for a week log on to IGT from the and ask ...... U'll have ur reply within hours !