HELP! Ibanez GRG150 Vs Fender GRaffiti Strat!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by jarvis, Jun 4, 2008.

1. jarvis

jarvis New Member

ok guys im not high on guitar gear info so this doubt may seem pretty stupid but guys i need your help! i went to bhargavas in bandra with a budget of 10-15k and i connected theses two guitars to a ROLAND cube 20...i loved the sound of both clean and with distortion! But the price diff is 4 grand fender being the more epensive one obviously! however the ibanez has 24 frets compared to 22 of fender ALSo 2 humbuckers compared to a single humbucker and 2 single pick ups of the fender! lastly looks wise the all black look of the ibanez is a lil more appealing compared to the scribbled GRAFFITI! IM SERIOUSLY CONFUSED! have no idea wat to go in for and im leavin 2 blore dayafter so have to buy it tom itself...so guys pls help me decide ASAP!!!

2. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

The fender would be a better choice qualitywise,,,but dont go for the graffiti thing just buy a regular fat strat..i doudt if theres any difference except for the paint job..

3. ajesh_mani

ajesh_mani New Member

if u get it right ...and decide ...pls reply me bout it

4. Swapnil Sid

Swapnil Sid New Member

Go for GRG

Look.. I myself wanna buy Ibanez GRG150. :)
    WHy because, It will be made in china, and China make Ibanez's good guitar. Its a super-strat style guitar with 24 medium frets, on a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard (dotted inlays). play most kinds of rock music and it suits them all fine, from Green Day to Bullet, its suited them all fine.. but only with a good amplifier, like peavy vypyr or roland cube.
    My friends have fender strat. I don't like cause, I feel it's outdated.. it looks sucks.. ............and I won't buy!!!! :)
    It overall awesome.. in the sense of looks.. playing.. and doesn't cost too much. Good for begginers!. So go for it!
    All The Best!

5. wylder

wylder Member

Dude, pick the one that you feel sounds best to your ears. Guitar tone is subjective and at starter guitar prices, you can't be looking at pro quality tone.

Pick the guitar thats closest to what your guitar idols play. Because the use of a beginner level guitar is to simply inspire you to play like your idol. Its a psychological thing. So if you think its sound is the best for you, then it is. The hard investment in a guitar is not the model you buy but the time you are going to spend on it everyday.

As far as a strat being out-dated or having poor looks, that is totally personal opinion. If the strat was outdated, I don't think guys like Eric Johnson, Yngwie Malmsteen and Eric Clapton would continue to use them. They would all be using BC Rich pointy guitars or the Steinberger headless guitars.

6. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Why bumping a 3 year old dead thread..