Help Help Help

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by Zico22genius, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Zico22genius

Zico22genius New Member

Hey guys, im zico new here...
    Have a life dependent qestion for all you guys
    see i have a 15k-16k budget
    nd im in desperate need of processor..but cant find any good ones in budget range.pls.help and suggest any good ones...
    ive already seen korg ax3000g and floor plus..ad quite franly im not impressed..was thinking about a stomp box set up. but dont know how to go about it and whic stomp boxes are best in ther individual category..

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

What music do you play? Do you have a good amp?

In a 15k budget you can get about maybe 5 stompboxes at the maximum. You'll have to prioritise what effects you want. EQ, Compression, Overdrive/Distortion/Fuzz, Delay, Chorus, are just part of a long list. Each stompbox has it's own sound so if you're looking to emulate multiple artistes as close as possible you might not be able to do that with a single stomp for each effect. You can't get Dave Mustaine with a Boss DS-1, or Dave Gilmour with an EHX Metal Muff.

This isn't to discourage you but it's necessary information and something to consider while making the choice.

3. Zico22genius

Zico22genius New Member

i play mostly punk,indie, and bit of alternative...like hoobastank,paramore,blink182,the used, yellowcard etc...i dont have a good amp..im working on a cube 80 stranger which sucks.
    Incase of stomp boxes i olready have a fuzz and a wah... my main nececities of efects will be a comp,a good ds/od,eq,delay,chorus,octave and tremolo..the octave and trem i can buy later .
    But im still in the dilema of choosing multiple effects processors over individual stomps..in terms of sound quality on stage and ease of use....

4. flood

flood New Member

you don't need all those effects for punk and india! just your fuzz and a nasty amp will do. stick to simplicity and the code. and stick to stompboxes, really. you'll be happier with your investment in the long term. if there's one thing i've learned, there's a lot more to be gained from using one effect at a time intensively than having 300 shitty effects and presets at your disposal.

what fuzz and wah do you use?

as far as sound quality goes, i will take analog effects over digital multifx any given day. my only multieffect to date is the kaoss pad mini, which i have lying around pretty much as a toy.