Help: Guitar wires are buzzing:

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by RavinderKulsari, Jul 7, 2006.

1. RavinderKulsari

RavinderKulsari New Member

Hi all,
    Well I bought a guitar Hobner FT-245 FROM BIBA, DARYAGANJ. However it seems he sold me a bended guitar...the problem is , 3rd & 4 th wire are touching the guitar neck...bcoz whenevr i play the open note..it sounds like buzz...its noisy...and thus i cannot play the chords like Em..

BIBA owner, the surdar brothers were uncoperative..and attitude was to fight with me..

Well there is some rod in neck, which BIBA said, needs to be tuned, he did once but then guitar is back to buzzing...

Well, now someone can help me.Also, plz be aware before buying from darya ganj..espclly from BIBA....

2. Guitar boy

Guitar boy New Member

may be he adjusted the truss rod.
    but did you try to increase the hight of the bridge? there should be screws, try that.

lol that sardar. once i had been to BIBA, should be the elder guy was there. he was boozing, and a girl was there.

3. jocelyn

jocelyn New Member

Dont panic take your guitar to a good guitar tech and they will fix the problem... the problem is very common and can be fixed . dont touch the Truss rod yourself you may end up breaking your guitar neck... :)

4. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

yeah
    don't dare touch the truss rod
    its supposed to be a very minor prob really
    but these people usually give u 1 yr of warranty?
    now what's happened 2 dat?

5. adak57

adak57 New Member

hey

hey ravinder , hav u tried at bhargava"s shop . its opposite to biba only . i dun know who recomended u to go at biba . bhargav is one of prestigious seller of guitars . he will definately work out for ur pro but prob is dat u din bought ur guitar from his shop so he may charge for it but not too high . he ll definately do dat .
    nd dun try to disturb the screw of bridge , i also did it once nd faced many problems , ok den buh bye nd happy guitaring..
    dua karenge ke aapka guitar thik ho jae

6. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

^^yes....go to bhargavas...they may be expensive but it is the most reliable shop....not even bharat....they treat guitars like piles of wood kept over one another in their wat they call as 'workshop'.

7. RavinderKulsari

Thanks fr advice

Thanks All,

i tried to tune it but in vain..
    but as per advise not to touch the tuss rod...so i will nt try dat agn..

also have increased the height of bridge(have to put a piece of paper below bridge to increase the height more :) ..well it helped a bit..but that sweet sound from the chord has gone...also 3rd wire was still buzzing a bit..

so wht i did, i put the little piece of paper between the upper side of neck & 3rd wire..(starting pt of neck..) so wire sound become fine...(if i keep it at average scale)

Now i played the guitar at increased height of bridge everyday....now i see guitar sound coming to normal...Dats called JUGAAD.. :)

but still far away from satisfaction..i will play it for a month more...otherwise will take it to bhargav...

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ravinder, if you live in Central/South Delhi, rush to the Onstage. Its a musical shop, being run by a professionals.

Its in Lajpat Nagar-1, very close to the road which goes to the Moolchand Flyover.

9. nilu_nirvana

nilu_nirvana New Member

ya, that shop is marvellous...and there's a guy there..goes by the name of Adil...he's really technical....knows his stuff..so does the other guys there....the ambience in the shop is superb too...fenders, ibanezs, jacksons all around you!!!!

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hehe, yeah.
    He plays guitars for Silk Route (if I remember correctly)

11. RavinderKulsari

great...will sure visit that shop..for my next shopping...plan to buy effect...

12. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

yeah he does play for Silk Route . He's also got a side project focusing on Hindi Rock . Btw he's an amazing blues guitarist !!

anywayz..i dunno why Alpha's so favourable with On stage. The condition of his guitar is very poor . There's a Fender 50th Anniversary Strat(which has gold tuners and gold hardware) , after trying it out i found out that its neck was totally bent , the strings were rusted and the head was chiped ! Same story with his Other Guitars . For guitar repair work i preferably prefer Bharat. He's the most reliable and most knoledgeble of them all. Adil Manuel of Silk Route doenst do any repair work .He's just friends with the owner and helps in selling .