HELP guitar set-up

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by gpt, Jun 6, 2010.

1. gpt

gpt New Member

I have an ibanez sa260fm with a sat pro II bridge which is a floating bridge.
    After spending almost all my vacation trying to set up my guitar ... i've still not achieved what i wanted. can't make the fret buzz go away without screwing up the action.

so i decided that i should take it to a pro. i dont trust a single guitar store in hyderabad , so when i go back to chennai , planning to get it done there. I want to know where in chennai can i find a proper luthier who can give my guitar a proper set up and not some monkey raping cycle mechanic pretending to be a guitar tech who'll royally screw up my gear.

help appreciated.

2. gpt

gpt New Member

anybody?? if not luthiers .. anyone experienced enough willing to help out???

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

tulsi......

4. flood

flood New Member

if you can make it to pondi, there's always erisa neogy.

5. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Know anyone in Delhi?
    Also, any reliable amp tech you know of here?

6. gpt

gpt New Member

@ambush , heard of them but how good are they??
    @flood don't mind going to pondy for a proper set up. couldnt find ant contact details except his fb. you got any.

also how much can i expect a good set up to cost in india

7. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

search the forum for tulsi.

8. insatanity

insatanity New Member

9. flood

flood New Member

o_O

quite a coincidence. i just recommended viren bakshi of lyrita audio (https://www.lyrita-audio.in/) to a friend who needs some repairs done to his XTC (which i had worked on and temporarily fixed before it went loopy again) just yesterday.

if your amp isn't particularly expensive, then viren is probably the wrong guy. i guess you'll have to go to cama musicals (don'T have any contact details, sorry) or... (vomit) bharat.

10. flood

flood New Member

nope, nothing. i'm guessing FB would work best. he's a top notch luthier though, and i'm sure he'll be more expensive than tulsi. just ping him a message and ask, can't hurt for sure.

11. gpt

gpt New Member

pinged him .. lets see how it goes .. though i doubt he'd do a setup for an amateur with a mid range guitar , seems all pro and shit.

@ambush , i know about tulsi guitars but just wanted to know if anyone has experience with him regarding a set up and its charges... everyone usually buys new guitars from him

12. gpt

gpt New Member

``````````````

13. anujvphadke

anujvphadke New Member

Guys.. m acoustic guitar user.. & i want to shift from acoustic to electric..
    i visised many shops.. my budget is around 8000 for guitar & 4000 for amp.. i want guitar for my domestic purpose.. nt for shows.. & pro use..

2 days back i found new brand in 1 famous shop of our area that is HMI(harmony musical Intruments) which is made in chennai... & launched in month of MAY cost around 8000 .. i found d sound nice..
    plz.. suggest me.. in 8000 m getting FENDER SQUIER also.. !!!

14. gpt

gpt New Member

for your domestic purpose, buy a cow and string its udders
    and dont hijack threads douche , create a new one.

on a serious note, hav tried hmi guitar when they were first introduced, in JRO , last june in chennai , the ones i played were pretty decent , and not too expensive.. take some experienced guy and compare the hmi and a squier and decide