:help:DESPERATELY NEED SPARES 4 FLOYD ROSE TREMOLO UNIT:help:

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by sendhilrajan, Dec 24, 2005.

1. sendhilrajan

sendhilrajan New Member

:help:I have a Yamaha RGX 220 DZ electric. I need spares for string lock screws and string Lock Inserts(for Floyd Rose Locking Tremolo), as the orginal broke when i was changing strings. Does anyone know where to get spares for floyd rose units? :help:

2. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

That is pretty tough to find down here. you might have to order online. Give torres engineering a try.

3. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

YOU CAN GET IT FROM TULSI!! COntact me i will put you thru...

4. Luthier

Luthier New Member

Ya right try TULSI.
    Or if not then get them made by any machinist shop in ur industrial vicinity.
    The reason for breaking is that the string lock inserts are made of silly 'Investment casting" alloys. Get them made in Brass and then get them powder coated. Will look better than the original . I'm going to get an entire flloyd rose made at a machinist shop once i get all the Autocad drawings ready.......SSShhhhhh...!!!

But try some replacement parts at tulsi first and then go for the alternative to preserve the resale value and authenticity.
    Regards
    Luthier

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Luthier : Wont you get sued for that??

6. Luthier

Luthier New Member

@ hindirox
    No i wont because i wont be selling it. It would be for my personal use nd most of all i'm not stupid..... hehehehe..... since i have done some modifications to it and it would be a look-alike if i may call it so.
    But end this topic or else i may definitely get sued.....<g>
    I had 3 flloyds from korea that didn't even have any of the usual stampings on it. I got it from a company which said that they made them for a very popular company named _____ and that they then get it stamped themselves.
    Anyway back to the topic...

@ sendhill: Tell us when u get those parts and how they fared.
    Regards
    luthier.

7. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Hmmm .. So its a lood alike..

8. cyclonetrap

cyclonetrap New Member

hey dude .. even my Fl of Kramer has broken while stringing it . Cn you suggest any dude who could rethread it for me ??

Attached Files:

9. sendhilrajan

sendhilrajan New Member

temporary solution

i got the broken insert repaired by a laith/welder guy. he put a new threading and screw. its pretty shoddy now, the screw's too long and i cant move the bridge down. btw i dont have a tremolo! i got the guitar frm singapore and it didnt come with one. i think ill have to replace the parts as the current job looks like itll collapse any sec. u guys have the address/contact for tulsi/other dealers? Pls reply. btw im frm bangalore.

regards,
    sendhil

10. chintan9

In singapore?? Which shop did you get it from??

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

PM HindiRox, ronnieanand.

Address and phone number available.

12. chintan9

:think:

LOL

13. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

What LOL?? Forget my grammar, see how you post...

Whats wrong in PMing me for the Contact of Tulsi...

@ Chintan : If you really wanna know who alpha1 is, call me up.. I'll make it clear..

14. chintan9

Chill!!!Why you getting so pisssed??? I was just pulling your leg.

:rule:

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Who's getting pissed?

16. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Chintu : Me aint pissed.. Bored to scold you also.. YOu aint worth the scolding..

17. chintan9

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
    Take your best shot!!!

18. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

@ Chintu : At what?? Scold you?? Ha ha ha..