Help changing pups in av7

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by khuli, Oct 31, 2010.

1. khuli

khuli New Member

I have decided to change the stock pups of my av7.I love metal and rock stuff.which pick should be good for me? Oh! and mention which position(bridge or neck) should i install them?

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Everyone knows the 'big three'. SD, DiMarzio, and EMG.

However, let me put a few names to get you into the uber level of considerations :p

Lundgren, Bare Knuckle, Bartolini, Wolftone

Talk to those guys via email. They'll tell you what'll suit you best. Though...

...what amp do you use? (I've been advised by other members here that a pickup change is worth going for only after a decent t00b amp.)

3. khuli

khuli New Member

"..what amp do you use? (I've been advised by other members here that a pickup change is worth going for only after a decent t00b amp.) "

peavey vypyr 30

I am thinking about Seymour Duncan SH-4 in bridge and Seymour Duncan SH-2N Jazz Pickup in neck.But dont know taht it will be good for me or not!!

4. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

For metal i wud suggest Bill Lawrence 500XL (Bridge) 500R(Neck).. they're cheap and good.. SD SH13 (Bridge) can be one option. Di Marzio Super Distortion 2 (Pair) also have good reviews. Even i'm considering to change my pups for my SA220..in case no one buys it. Moreover its good to have a passive guitar and an active one.. :).. passive for recording and active for live \m/

5. flood

flood New Member

i hope you're joking. a set of some of those pickups cost more than an AV7. BKPs? on a greg bennett? heck, i wouldn't install those on anything costing less than $1-2k.

the SH-4 JB/jazz combo is tried, tested, quite good and very versatile. i'd go with that.

one thing though - mediocre pickups sound a LOT better through good amps. good pickups sound shit through shit amps. keep that in mind. you'd want to invest that money in a better amp.

6. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Yeah, it wasn't really meant to be taken too seriously xD

7. flood

flood New Member

ya lol. ferrari engine/fiat comes to mind.

8. vi4u2001

vi4u2001 New Member

pickups for sale Dmarzio Dp 159 evo Bridge & Jackson Ja 90 neck Both humbucker

pickups for sale Dmarzio Dp 159 evo Bridge & Jackson Ja 90 neck Both humbucker