help buying guitar....

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by hiflier79, Feb 27, 2011.

1. hiflier79

hiflier79 New Member

hi fellas......i live in pondicherry and i am planning to buy a guitar plus amp.....i am looking for an H-S-H pickup combination in the guitar....budget Rs25000...can extend maybe 2000-3000 more.....decided on either ibanez grg 270 dx (new series with edgeIII bridge) or cort X6 vpr.....but the problem is the same shop is not having both guitars in stock....so i cant compare them.....and if i order i have to give deposit and buy the thing....bajaao has both.....what i wanted to know is whether quality will be assured when ordering online...warranty...damage in transit stuff like that.....im a bit sceptical to spend on something i havent touched.....please advise
    amp......fender mustang.......sounded good in the reviews....spares me the cost of processor also for the time being.....

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

3. hiflier79

hiflier79 New Member

thanks for the offer rick but im more inclined towards the H-S-H combination...SA series are H-H combination i think.....thanks anyways....:)

4. Anchit7

Anchit7 Member

heyy man...i was fortunate enough to try both these guitars when i bought mine.......the cort vpr feels.....if i'd say.....quite stiff.....feels more like for riffs than solos......whereas the grg270 feels really gr8.....the fretboard is really thin and is friendly for quick notes.....also....the grg270 dx looks KILLER with its sharktooth inlays.....bt do try both......guitar feel is extremely subjective...\m/

5. hiflier79

hiflier79 New Member

query anchit....where did u try both of them......?

6. Anchit7

Anchit7 Member

Aah......heres the catch....i tried them both in DehraDun...:)

7. hiflier79

hiflier79 New Member

damn......opposite end of the country....:).....

8. flood

flood New Member

if you're in pondicherry, do yourself a favour - go to auroville and meet erisa and try out his guitars. you might have to stretch your budget a wee bit more but at least pay the man a visit. you're definitely better off spending your money on him than on a GRG.