Help Buying an Electric Guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by mudgalbharat, Jul 9, 2004.

1. nadish

nadish Active Member

I've found very handy inforation in this topic coz I'm going 2 buy a guitar next month but I'm afraid that the price of guitars a rather High here in Pakistan. Coz I've bought Accoustic Guitar (Yamaha) for Rs.11,800/ and your're talking about an electric guitar of just about Rs.3000/=. It means that I've waited my money. And 1 thing more that the shop keeper told me that its a spenish type guitar. Can ne 1 tell me what is the difference b/w spenish guitars and other guitars???

2. nadish

nadish Active Member

I've found very handy inforation in this topic coz I'm going 2 buy a guitar next month but I'm afraid that the price of guitars a rather High here in Pakistan. Coz I've bought Accoustic Guitar (Yamaha CG101) for Rs.11,800/ and your're talking about an electric guitar of just about Rs.3000/=. It means that I've waited my money. And 1 thing more that the shop keeper told me that its a spenish type guitar. Can ne 1 tell me what is the difference b/w spenish guitars and other guitars???

3. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

@nadish
    11000 for yamaha errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    the price for it is 8000 in lahore.......one can find Semi acoustic here around 7 ,8 K

4. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

well guys let me tell you
    Most of the stuff In INDIA n PAK. are from china....that may not b original

e.g Gibson (original costs 4,900 us $) abt 3,00,000 paki rupees
    but chinese stuff is abt (300 $) 16000 pak. rupees....

5. Marxviper

Marxviper New Member

Nadish! Well! Spanish guitar are classical guitars or flamenco guitars that r made in spain.. The difference in classical and flamenco is they r made from different materials and the width of the guitar is bit different too.. Flamenco give a latin touch and the top is made of german spruce or cypress... Spanish guitars r quite good... Chk whats the name of the guitar and what type is it (classical or flamenco).. if u wanna know more chk this site out.. they have amazing collection of spanish guitar
    https://www.alhambrasl.com/

6. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

@markviper
    lets talk abt. pakistan
    Spanish guitars aren t available here.....

7. Marxviper

Marxviper New Member

jazz! they can be imported bro... my job was to let naddish know whats spanish guitar..

8. nadish

nadish Active Member

Seems like u've great knowlwdge abt guitar brands and types. Thanx a lot for telling me that...

9. acousticdreamer

acousticdreamer ΩUNPLUGGEDΩ

Go in for a Givson if you want to waste a good 3K-4K!! Givson SUCKS bigtime! And as a beginner, you won't understand what a great electric guitar sounds like. I've had a Givson Panther...which I believe is a very stupidly made guitar ::p::
    You'll also have a hard time changing the strings! You'll get frustrated!

10. acousticdreamer

acousticdreamer ΩUNPLUGGEDΩ

Go in for a Givson if you want to waste a good 3K-4K!! Givson SUCKS bigtime! And as a beginner, you won't understand what a great electric guitar sounds like. I've had a Givson Panther...which I believe is a very stupidly made guitar
    You'll also have a hard time changing the strings! You'll get frustrated!

11. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

@markx viper

well spanish guitar can b made by Putting Nylon strings in the acoutic.....
    ths no a big deal

( well i know the original spanish guitar has a wider fretboard)

12. Marxviper

Marxviper New Member

Jazz! that would be classical guitar..

there is difference in pitch between classical guitar and flamenco (has higher pitch) coz they both are made from different materials.

u could find flamenco guitar made in japan made from same materials but its no good.. thats what i heard from pro flamenco players on the street.. You should watch them player, its so addictive...