Help about Artificial Harmonics

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by deepakborania, Jul 19, 2006.

1. deepakborania

deepakborania New Member

Hi2all

I need help regarding artificial harmonics.
    Problem is i am not able to get artificial harmonics after fret 16.I can get'em from 1 to 16.Pls help.
    I use basic givson super deluxe electric guitar wit zoom 505II

Thx in advance

:help:

2. zing

zing Machine Head

3. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

Fidle with the Pickup screws and get your Humbucker closer to the strings . This allows it to have a much more Aggresive tone and it'll easily catch your Harmonics. Otherwise try pinching on different parts of the guitar , you might get a sweet spot somewhere ( your picking hand )

4. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

first of all ..i am suprised you are gettin artificial harmonics upto the 16 fret in your givson..in many of the givsons i played ..above 12th ...the harmonic doesnt ring well at all ..the sustain of the note is close to zero..so i dont think its your technique ....i think its the pickups on your givson ..

but then again...i could be technique too....try to borrow your friends guitar ..atleast a decent tansen and see if u can hit im above 16th fret

5. call_of_ktulu41

call_of_ktulu41 New Member

I think satch_attack is right about the pickups... i know some guys that can get a "pinched" sound on a clean tone.. but i get it best when i use a butt load of distortion..
    is there anyone here who up-picks on an AH? it never seems to work out for me

6. sam_sealion

sam_sealion MeLoDiC ShReDDeR. . .

hey i really think the problem is with your guitar.. coz since your getting harmonics upto the 16th fret you obviously have the technique mastered!!! i have played sum guitars on which harmonics sound only upto the 12th or 14th fret!!

7. deepakborania

deepakborania New Member

THX A lot dude

8. limaj_daas

limaj_daas Guitar Pro Maniac

I can get the harmonics up to 19th fret on steel acoustic. Farther than that would be f'in insane.... But i can't get the harmonics decently, using a pick, on the three thin strings... for those i have to use the "forefinger and thumb" technique. But i need help with artificial harmoncis on the three thin strings...

9. limaj_daas

limaj_daas Guitar Pro Maniac

Hey... i wuz just watchin Steve Vai's - For the Love of God Live @ G3 vdo... i saw him do artificial harmonics by holding the pick in a way that the pick's head wuz tilted downwards at an angle and then he picked. He used the fat lump near the edge of the thumb for the harmonic... If u get wut i'm sayin, which i doubt, then you should be able to do it ANYWHERE on the fretboard.

10. beastsays666

beastsays666 New Member

Nybody like COB out here