Hello guys need help!!!on my guitar

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by getshorty80, Sep 29, 2006.

1. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hey i bought my ESP down in UK. i have no problem as such but right now i have the problem with the switiching between the pickups. when i have the bridge or the both bridge and neck pickups on(with selecting the toggle switch- three way) it works fine but when i have to switch to the neck then the output goes out and sometimes its very low with no gain/volume. So when i switch it back and forth with abt 2-4 times then it starts working properly this problem is really getting on my nerves as u see if i have to take it back which i wont be doing for another 3 months - then the warrenty time gets over and dont know wht. please let me know ok. thanks! guys. if its a bigger problem then will let know my seller and sort it out.

2. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

Its not at all a big deal,take off the screws behind and resoldier the wires back to the toggle switch(theyr probably loose),that should get you on.If ur sceptical bout doing it yourself take it to some luthier or some electrician (rofl) around.
    BTW which ESP is it ?

3. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

hmm thanks Devil

hey thanks man but i did have a look at the solder it looks fine will have a look again proper. Hmm if needed will solder it again. pretty much used up soldering. And by the way the one i have is a LTD MH-100. Black. Korean made.

4. TheDevil

TheDevil Ruler of Hell

the solder might look ok,but it might have been rusted or the wires might be a lil stubborn for the circuit to close.IMO it should do gr8 with a lil resoldering....wait for the others to reply too.

Gr8 Axe btw. :beer:

5. getshorty80

getshorty80 New Member

one other question.

hey just one other question, since when i was there in the UK i took my Tansen strat copy with me and then before i came back i bought this guitar. i had one case and a stand but cause of the the luggage i was carrying i had to buy gig bags for the guitars and carry them with me(wow that was an experience carrying it, i wouldnt recommend doing that hahaha) so right now i want to buy a stand or a case which one do u suggest.what do u people suggest.

And by the way thanks devil - yeh it was actually that i liked the Epiphone Zakk wylde bullseye but then settled for this one cause of the budget.i went for a Fender standard strat played for a few min then tried the les paul studio, then tried the Bullseye finally the MH-100 suited my style and anyway liked the FR bridge. actions good,24 jumbo frets, factory pickups sounds good but little light on the heavier tones(compared to the SD i have in my tansen). Fast neck. in general i am amazed - what it can do.