Hello from Los Angeles, CA.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mychela, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Mychela

Mychela New Member

Hey Everybody, what's up? I'm new to this type of community, so I would try my best level to adjust. I've been playing the Bass Guitar about 4 years now, but recently stopped (for some personal reason), so now I'm just confused and how to refresh my memory of what I learnt (it might sound awkward, but it is). Anyways, I'm just here to meet someone that can help, and if possible new friends/people once I get the grab of it.
    Well, it's always nice to start-off a thread blog with an introduction and continue from there, good inspirational experience. Anyways, if any response comes this way, well and fine. If not, I'm seeking to hear from you all soon. So, yeah.
    Talk to you sometime soon.
    Take Care. =]

2. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

AIM smileys suck.

The best way to refresh is to just start playing again. Play and see where you stand and then work out a practice routine and follow that regularly.

And don't stop playing.

3. Mychela

Mychela New Member

Oh.

Thanks for your reply. Anyways, do you know everyone that could like teach and stuff? Because, I'm looking for someone that could do that, so if you know anyone just let me know.
    So are you into playing any instruments or what?

4. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Totally right, its just a matter of practicing alot and you'll be back at the point were you stopped a while ago!
    Anyways, good luck Mychela, btw welcome to this community, hope you'll enjoy your staying here!!!

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Depends on what you're looking to learn really. So what have you learnt in your four years and where are you looking to go?

I play the guitar. I don't follow my own advice hence suck because my practice is sporadic at best. However, Im sitting here practising even as we speak.

6. Mychela

Mychela New Member

Ok

I would certain try and do that, but maybe if someone who has been playing as well could like help me, that's fine with me. And that too, if you know any individual, inform me for sure. Thanks for your warm welcome to this community, I hope I get to learn a lot from this place. So how long have you been playing? You had mentioned you did, what was your inspiration and why?

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I started writing this and finished before I realized you werent talking to me. Oh well, here goes anyway:

I played regularly for 5 years. The last 2 years I've been off and on because the creativity seemed to have dried up. It keeps coming back though and you tend to get better with time even if you're not practicing a whole lot.

I don't think I ever actually needed inspiration to play. I used to play any instrument I could lay my hands on. Started off with a toy synth and moved to my brothers mandolin and then onto my very own guitar. I'm reasonably creative and can come up with nice melodies but can't usually finish them. I'm awful with rhythm and that's been the major stumbling block for me.

8. Keoraf

Keoraf Keyboard Player

Don't know anyone who plays the bass here, maybe some other can tell you more about that.
    I play the keyboard for almost 15 years now, i had a band for almost 10 years and since a few months i get involved in a band of some friends!

I started with music just because i also wanted to be a part in this great music world, and just because of this simple reason, music is just one of my biggest hobby. So I started with playing the Harmonium but changed over to the keyboards just because we wanted to start a band formation!

The less time i have left, i try to make some music using my computer and my keyboard, just visit my soundclick page, if you want to hear my covers!
    https://www.soundclick.com/keoraf

9. benz

benz classical demon

Music is an affair of belief............................................ .............

Man keoraf u have been around for quite some time.

NOW, TO MYCHELA:

If i tell u to practice then i will seem repetitive as already quite a few have told u the same thing just want to wish u best of luck so that u regain ur flow.

Music is an affair of belief.

10. Mychela

Mychela New Member

Hello there, I'm looking for a group of people that are interested in making a band. In other words, whoever is interested should let me know or if possible just email me at: mychela.gylenie@gmail.com
    Be it guitarists, keyboard players, bassists, drummers, or even vocalists (well, those are the 6 categories I'm currently looking at right now for a band). So who's ever ready or interested, email me at the address given above. Thanks for the attention and time.