hello frnds

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by coolsourav93, May 25, 2011.

1. coolsourav93

coolsourav93 New Member

hi frnds.....i am new 2 this site, i am learning guitar. I will be needing some help from you guys.

2. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

Hey Sourav,

Welcome to our forum. Just feel free to ask questions. There are a lot of experts in here: Alpha, Spy Game, Ashy, Akash, Popoya, to name a few. Everyone will jump in to help you out !

Cheers,

3. coolsourav93

coolsourav93 New Member

thanks buddy.....firstly can any one tell me how 2 read tabs of guitars?????

4. Akash_Rajoria

Akash_Rajoria New Member

thnks for putting my name there G!! ...
    m all senti :p

Sourav..Hi and welcome to the community..ok we are gonna learn to read tabs..lets start with this simple tab off DDLJ music..

E-|--0--0--0--7------5--7------3--5----8--7---------|
    B-|-------------------------------------------------|
    G-|-------------------------------------------------|

........Tujhe de kha to yeh jaana sanam

E-|-0--0---0---7-----5---7----3--5----3--2----------|
    B-|-------------------------------------------------|
    ..........Pyaar ho ta hai dee wa na sa nam

Here you can see on E string(high..thinnest) .. its sayin 0,0,0 ... here 0 means open string..so you have to play the open E string..then 7th fret..5th,7th as on...pretty simpl hmm??

now this is a tab in which only one string is played..if we luk at the next part of the same music..

E-|-0---2-------0---2------0---3----2---------------|
    B-|--------3-----------3----------------------------|
    .....Ab ya han se ka han jaa yein hum

Here you can see..notes are written on 2 strings (E and B,1st and 2nd string of the guitar respectivly)
    now wat you hav to do is you have to start playing notes from the left side..and play the notes that are written accordingly
    like in this you have to play 0 and 2 first on the E string..than after dat what note you see?3rd on the B string so you have to play that..and go on..

Oh ghosh m so horrible at xplaining !! :(

Tabulature reading is pretty simple though !! :D

All the best !!

Super-Admin likes this.
  5. Super-Admin

Super-Admin Administrator Staff Member

@Akash - See, that's the reason I put up your name :). Always ready to help :)

6. coolsourav93

coolsourav93 New Member

wow......man,i am surprised buddy, i can play it. its cool bt am playing it very slowly. But i promise u i will rectify it. you r good at explaining me.......hey buddy can u teach me how can i play arya-2 tabs?????????? i am very much intresed for that.

7. coolsourav93

coolsourav93 New Member

hey buddy......yeh jo E-|--0--0--0--7------5--7------3--5----8--7---------|line hae or yeh line mein E-|-0---2-------0---2------0---3----2---------------| difference yeh ki,in 1st line i have 2 play one string,which represents 0-0-0,and 0-represents we have 2 start from 2. Am i r8??????

8. coolsourav93

coolsourav93 New Member

E-|-0---2-------0---2------0---3----2---------------|
    B-|--------3-----------3----------------------------|
    .....Ab ya han se ka han jaa yein hum...........yeh line nehi ho raha hae...........