Hello All Need Help Using Whammy!!!!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by UjSen, Nov 27, 2005.

1. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

Hi!
    i'm new here.just turned 13 on the 25th . I got a GB&A double humbucker for my
    B'Day.can any one advise me on using the whammy bar????

2. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

You pull it up to increase the pictch.. You Push it down to decrease ..

SIMPLE??

3. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

i knoe that part, any songs????

4. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

You can use it anywhere
    Like instead of finger vibrato in Comfortably Numb do it with the bar
    Use it instead of bends
    I dont really know what you listen to so cant tailor make suggestions:)
    But some ideas-For the Love of God-Steve Vai
    Esparanto-Shawn Lane
    Cemetary Gates (the ending harmonics etc etc)-Pantera
    Almost all Van Halen to an inhuman degree-eg the Beat It solo

5. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Try ERUPTION by EVH.. Or Seasons In The Abyss By SLAYER..

6. chintan9

chintan9 yay! i won the ipod!

If you guys are wondering how dimebag's guitar stays in tune after all that whammy abuse. Ill tell you a secret

Dimebag never (rarely)uses the whammy bar. He gets those dives with the help of A digitech Whammy pedal. Oh and he doesnt use one he use TWO Whammy pedals together. :annoyed:

7. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

@chintan ..true
    yeah but also did use his WHAMMY bar..
    notice when he's playing Domination in Mosters of Rock ..he does an ultra cool harmonic/whammy effect.

but i dont disagree with u ..
    https://guitargeek.com/rigview/415/

8. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Dimebag uses Whammp PEDAL.. Seen in some concert video..

9. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

Dimebag tears out the whammy man...

10. abhijitnath

He does use the pedal, but wome of the stuff is CLEARLY whammy bar as opposed to pedal..eg at the end of Cemetary Gates, he hits that third fret harmonic, pulls up and then goes down, you can hear the strings go completely slack and go flop against the fretboard. You cant do that with the pedal.

11. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Dude.. Check out some videos.. Its quite clear he uses a pedal..

12. abhijitnath

OK, I don't know how to say this any more clearly in English but clearly, the audience doesn't understand it. I'll try to anyway.
    I am aware that he uses a pedal.
    However that does not mean he cannot ALSO use a Whammy bar..they are not mutually exclusive options.
    All I said was that he uses one at a particular point in a song..and that it is a situation in which ONLY the bar could have been used..since when you turn the pedal down you don't hear the sound of the strings going slack and flapping on the fretboard, you only hear the note reducing in pitch..please go and hear the song.

13. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

LOL.. I can hear the song here itself.. No need to go anywhere.. Check out the Video in 101 proof..

14. call_of_ktulu41

call_of_ktulu41 New Member

a whammy pedal is pretty useless atleast to me... ive played one and its only for the very advanced player who uses them in those dives or whatever...
    but you can get the same dive 'feel' by tapping, bending( do not remove tap), release bend and pull off (to a much lower note obviously)... i hope you got that
    all of jeff hanneman's solo use those divebombs .. and its really irritating.. (@hindirox.. im not sure hanneman has a solo in 'seasons.. ' ..atleast i dont think there's a dive in it ..
    the best dive i've heard is in jeff young's solo ( or was it chris poland) in "in my darkest hour".. its the second solo...the tone is quite remarkable.. its got a strange delay which i initially thought was both dave and him playing.. but anyways there are like 4 dives continously ..thats pretty insane...

15. hindiRox

hindiRox Banned

Since when did Dimebag play with Slayer?

Anyways Those shitty leads are Kerry King trying to use the Tremolo on Harmonics..
    Hanneman has a lead in Seasons and DOES not do DIVE Bombs..