having prblms wid strummin pattern !!

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by piyushdce, May 22, 2007.

1. piyushdce

piyushdce New Member

hey guys....does nybody knw d strummin pattern for sweet child of mine (GNR) ....i tried listening to d song....bt i couldnt figure it out....plz help me...

2. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

for the verses and the first few solos it's | d - d u | - u d u |.

but the pattern changes to | d - dd dd | d - dd dd | for every "o o o o sweet child o' " and then again to | d - d u | - u d u | from "mine ...".

there are a few other patterns used also here and there (like the one for the last solo) which is quite tough for me to express as it has mutes and breaks.
    see the live video on youtube.
    it might help.

cheers :beer:

3. saustin316

saustin316 Member

Dude, sweet child o mine isn't something you strum to, the intro leads and solo are the raw deal. Strum whatever you want, it isn't really much audible, the main part is the lead guitar (what Slash pulls). If you need help on that let me know.

4. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

i feel the rhythm and more importantly the bass of this particular song is also very cool ... i.e. if they are audible to you.
    and always remember everyone is not a lead guitarist ... and most importantly not Slash ... there are rhythm guitarists around too ...
    nevermind ...

5. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

This will help you out..its an acoustic version but try to focus on the rhythm its pretty close..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx9XY5Y01Uo

The pattern doesn't have to be the exact same...it should be more spontaneous sort of instinctive but which still blends with song perfectly....you'll get it..

6. piyushdce

piyushdce New Member

thnx guys...