Hate Barre chords? See this

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Evo Guy 911, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

2. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Bull.........

3. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

^^^ U like bulls? I prefer cows..... :smile:

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

:grin: Hehe

5. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

Ok I posted some shit. Jus saw it, thought some ppl might like it, thats all. So no critics to me ok??

6. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

nah...this aint good... (i can barre :) )

7. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

I learnt barre chords from posts made by jayanth and al in IGT ... search for it .. its well written.

8. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

^^ true

jayanths thread on barre chords r quite helping..

9. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

I like barre better

10. born2tab

born2tab rhythm guitarist

nice capo..but i still prefer the barre...:)

11. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

That's a capo. I dont know why everybody is against it and comparing it with Barre Chords. Agreed it's for Barring but a Capo can be really helpful if you have to play songs in F Major or F# Major or things like that where you can still happily use those open chords. Check out the song Aqualung by Jethro Tull where he articulated between F Major and F MajSus2. This is much easier done with a capo on the 3rd Fret, else you are going to have a tough time holding those chords.

bjr likes this.
  12. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Oh .. Its a pity .. Is guitarin now gonna evolve towards robotics ? Da whole essence will be lost ..

13. ronnieanand

That's mainly because of the Congress Govt. I seriously object that. Make Laloo The PM.

14. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hah!

:nw: :nw:

Absolutely.

15. DJCrunkMix

DJCrunkMix Get crunked up!

Yeah... some songs like wonderwall, cannonball, you're beautiful, etc etc etc... need to be played with capo (if you wanna play along with the song)

16. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

:) Barre chords are easy unless it is a 7th chord. But 7th chords can be played in a easier way on the barre .:) The capo thing is funny.:p:

nIK!;)

17. Evo Guy 911

Evo Guy 911 Banned

Guyz its a capo, BUT its a rolling capo. U can roll it to wherever u wanna barre with the thumb of left hand. No screwing & unscrewing involved. Changes position in a jiffy, so i thought it wud help those like me who hate to barre. Thats all. But those who like to barre, congrats dudez, u ppl have passed thru that time when ur finger are developing callus for barre. Stick to ur method, its no doubt the best. Peace

18. ronnieanand

You are contradicting. Barre chords are easy to use and tamper them slightly you get Major, Minor, Dom7, Min7, Maj7, MinMaj7, Diminished, Suspended chords very easily. Best of all, they are all moveable shapes. Another big advantage of Barre chords is play the individual notes and you have nice sweep pattern.