Has anybody purchased anything from ebay?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by lord_neo, Sep 24, 2005.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Im thinking of ordering something from ebay india has anybody used it before?

2. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

my cousin had purchased a wireless talk phone of da mobile for me n my bro when i was in 10th!

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

No....but I know a couple of things you should avoid. It really depends on what you're planning to use it for.

a) Collectibles: Stuff like "genuine" autographed items, memorabilia etc. There are more forgeries on e-bay than there are fish in the ocean...avoid these altogether.

b) Music related equipment: This goes especially for guitars where mantainence can play such a major role. I'm not saying that you should ignore a great deal but it would be wise to be suspicious of great deals. No one is an idiot.

c) Books: I think you should be pretty safe with this...a photograph of the mentioned item should give you an idea of the condition

d) Lens related stuff...perhaps a camera? The safest way to ensure that you are getting a camera free of horrible scratches would be to ask for a photo of the person looking into a mirror and taking the photo holding a card with something you specify that he should write on. This will ensure that it is the same camera as that being sold, and a recent picture so you can judge the current picture quality.

I suppose you know all this so...meh.

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

btw, isn't e-bay India what used to be bazee.com?

5. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

ya it was bazee. I had purchased some instructional cds from there and it turned up on time.
    My advice - try to avoid sellers with low rating and go for the ones with the ebay stores.

You must check this out before buying from ebay
    https://www.ibanezrules.com/ebay.htm
    it's about the US one

6. silent_dragon

silent_dragon Immortal guitarist

i don't know much about ebay either, but my father is a lawyer and i think it was last year when a person came to him n said that he had ordered a casio wrist watch which was supposed to be very costly, he bid n won the watch with around 25% off its original price.But they didn't give it to him even after he paid its price.My father then filed a case against them(at that time bazee.com) n won!!!
    Moral: i'm not suggesting that its completely bogus or anything, but it wud be good if u take good care as well as take some expert advice before planning to buy anything serious!!!

7. shak

shak Harrr!

yeah bought my first guitar from ebay ... a gibson les paul classic .. and still no regrets .. at 600 quids it was a snatch that i couldnt miss ..

8. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

bjr@ Yes, bazee has been bought by ebay, its now opened ebay India in its place.

sridhar@ checking it out....

9. mr singh

mr singh New Member

i bought a life from ebay, it turned out 2 b really bad, how i regret it now...
    no i dont buy online, i dont like the concept of it...
    id rather see the thing i buy.

10. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Not ebay india but got my guitar from there

11. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

hmm...i checked around most of the computer on ebay india seems singapore, africa imports :(

12. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I got a guitrar instruction cd from ebay
    i got some basic concepts from it like tabs n chords

13. hate_eternal

hate_eternal Banned

Has anyone bought CDs from e-bay. I am planning to buy some but did'nt have a clue about the shipping costs.

14. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

so neo u bought it ???