harmonic intros

Discussion in 'English Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by slash_i_m, Jan 11, 2006.

1. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

ppl just list out the songs that u've heard having intros with harmonics in them like 'tornado of souls','blurry',etc.i know only a few of them.

2. deepakborania

deepakborania New Member

machine head's imperium has matural harmonics in intro and artificial harmonics in chorus

3. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Acoustic harmonics on Sanatarium - Metallica.

Happesn on the acoustic intro.
    Natrual harmonics on 12th fret e string and b string.

Pickup any song by: Randy Rhoads, Jake E Lee, Zakk Wylde. Eddie Van Halen
    They use it very frequently.

4. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Pickup any song by: Randy Rhoads, Jake E Lee, Zakk Wylde. Eddie Van Halen
    They use it very frequently.

and even I made a song with a nice harmonic intro...but havent developed it past the intro yet.

5. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

6. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

not for 2 days at least.....13th my exams are getting over

:'(

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

for the harmonic thing....it really does have the potential. I don't know if you realized it but in my opinion the only place where you got the timing absolutely right was around the 7-8 second mark where it sound really cool. The rest of the part feels like it doesn't really have an organized direction.

This wasn't what I had in mind when I thought of a harmonic intro (though this also fits the bill perfectly well). I was thinking more along the lines of what Satriani does in this song (the name of which I forgot but if you went to his show in bangalore it was the first song he played I think) where he plays the entire melody on harmonics.

8. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

i think thats Summer Song

@ slash
    try Cemetery Gates by Pantera and most songs by Pantera and Zakk Wylde if you know how to pinch .

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Poundcake by Van Halen has the verse part entirely in natural harmonics.

Van Halen is gawd.

10. slash_i_m

slash_i_m Laid to Rest

@bjr
    yeah i know its not organised coz i was just foolin around.but i think it can be made to sound cool rite ?
    @alfons
    i have cemetary gates but where does the harmonics come,guess i'll have to listen to it properly.are u a bigtime fan of pantera ?

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yes, certainly. Stuff like this is especially impressive to look at :)