Hardest Song to Play?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by lord_neo, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Double Click

Double Click New Member

Simply playin Hendrix' songs is in itself not hard... Whats hard is playin them with the same energry and intensity. Very few guitarists can play with the same kind of emotion as Hendrix...

2. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

Surfing With An Alien - Joe Sat

3. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

the last one...i dont find the intro solo difficult to play.....

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

If you can play the intro solo well, then there should not any difficulties in doing the last solo...The last solo is made of repeating lick fragments joined together. Almost in the same style of Freebird. Get those individual licks down initially one by one and then you will play the solo in no time...Just break that solo into licks.. If you plan to improvise, watch out for the Bm to Em shift that happens in the solo. Or to be on the safe side, just go with Bm.

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ What about the sweep thing?

6. anshphenomenon

thanx a lot ronnie!!:beer:

7. bhavna31

bhavna31 New Member

well ...i am beginner ...todays the first reply....no song is hard to play till u think u

8. ronnieanand

Sweep happens only in the intro solo...It's a D Major and Bm Variation 3 string sweep. Not too tough but tricky for a n00b like me...

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Is there a sweep in the intro or just plain fast picking..doesnt sound like a sweep is present..or maybe my n00b ears are too untrained to notice:eek::

10. ronnieanand

To be precise...it's a D Major Arpeggio followed by B Minor Arpeggio. I dont know how he plays it. I find it more convenient to Sweep Pick it than Alternate Picking it. The other guitarist in my band finds it more convenient to Alternate Pick that thing than Sweeping it. It's just a matter of preference of how you execute it. It you notice, it's a 3 string Arpeggio with one note per string and the last string has two notes to turn around which makes it very inviting to sweep it than even think of something else...

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I dont sweep though.

I just hammer on (a good stretch) and then pull off.

12. hv23

hv23 New Member

smells like teen spirit

13. anshphenomenon

^^thats one of the easiest songs...

14. paranoid13rohan

ya man ... SMELLS has only 4 chords ...

15. satch_attack

satch_attack New Member

actually..i neva felt any of the songs that i learnt hard to play...except maybe californication by red hot chilli peppers ..the solo is amazin but i just cant get it down..ronnie ..can u help me ?

16. ronnieanand

Help you in which way...I can't play any solos of any song. I just improvise whatever I feel like. But I am sure Californication solo is pretty simple and straight forward. I dont have the song with me. Send me the song to my mail ID and ask what you want to know. But gimme some time. I am going through an extremely hectic phase in my work and I haven't played guitar for last 1 1/2 months.

17. Double Click

Double Click New Member

I'm guessin u'r talkin bout the album version.

Which part of the solo are u havin trouble with?

If u've been playin for more than 2 months, that solo should be doable.

18. paranoid13rohan

listen 2 d solo part only as many times as u can ...

try to get it in ur head first ...

it's not that tough ...

it's one of the very few solos that i can play ... without improvising ;)

best of luck ...

i've just posted the tabs of the guitar solo of CALIFORNICATION in the English Guitar Tabs Forum ...
    here goes the link ... https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?p=272624#post272624
    hope it helps you ...

19. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

GnR November rain solo out.. i cant get the fast part .. :( .only tht solo of slash i cant play....

20. hv23

hv23 New Member

hehe i was jokin abt teen spirit, but the song that took me the longest to learn prolly "what its like" by everlast