Hardest Song to Play?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by lord_neo, Jul 25, 2006.

1. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Which do you think is the hardest song to play on the guitar?

2. GNR_fan

GNR_fan New Member

Glassgow Kiss- Petrucci

g0g0l likes this.
  3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Not intending to flame you or anything but this question, I have to say, is quite stupid.

4. cronix

cronix New Member

^^^^ i agree.... neways lots of threads have been opened with the similar topic

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Any damn song is hard to play, if you want to play it really well...Most things are simple to play in a crappier way....

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Ahem, guys atleast take it in positive sense; I would read the question as :
    Which song you tried playing seemed hardest to you sound decently recognizable (And ofcourse took most effort + time)

7. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I think that's a good enuf thread and wot Lordy meant woz Which song woz the toughest to learn and still, you think, you are not easy with it. For me, the song has to be... Nothing else matters.. Metallica

8. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ lol u serious... hmmm for me it'd have to be Black Star - Malmsteen. I can't duplicate the phrasing of the fast runs in the song.

9. ronnieanand

Smoke On The Water. I thought it was within my reach but really struggled :eek:: :eek:: :eek:: . Still can't play the solo :annoyed: :annoyed: . Other difficult songs have been safely ignored :p:

10. ronnieanand

To attempt Black Star or any Malmsteen songs, first prepare yourself with his kinda Minor, Harmonic Minor and Diminished runs. Then get those 3 strings sweeps and those pedal tone licks. Get these basics good before you attempt to do his song. First develop the licks and the style before attempting to cover the song.

11. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^ Tell me abt it... I finally learnet the Harmonic minor scale today.

The thing I'm having trouble with is playin the whole thing in succession, ie. playing one run, then starting the next WITHOUT any gaps or pauses while keeping the whole timing and phrasing right.....:mad: :mad: ..... Plus figuring out the notes is quite hard when the A@#!@!* plays so fast.

Oh well.... I'm still young rite ;) I've got plenty of time to practice :beer:

12. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Any song that I cant get the hang of in about 5 minutes seems like the hardest song to play at that moment.

So u can imagine how huge my list would be. And of course, it changes from time to time.

13. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

right now theres big list.
    theese songs i can play them but not the whole thing at one go.

stairway to heaven-led zep
    nothin else matters-metallica
    always with me always with you-joe satriani
    bad horsie(HAVENT EVEN TRIED!!!)-steve vai
    Black star-malmsteen( tried but gave up)
    and the list goes on.........................

14. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

I said..... "For me" :p:
    I am a beginner and have not tried malmstein or Vai or Sat yet :p:
    (I have tried PEtruccI Though :p:)

15. Double Click

Double Click New Member

^^^^Hey dont take it wrong way, I wasnt trying to make fun of u.. The 'lol' was just because I found it hard when I first tried it too. Actually Nothing else Matters was one of the 1st songs I learnt... I had been playing for only 2 months at that time and it was virtually impossible for me and some of my guitarist friends lauged when I called it tough :eek:: ... Eventually though (around 4 months later) I managed to get it right :beer:

16. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

How about those crazy Jimmy Hendrix songs, anybody who can play them deserves respect.

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Well, by playing Jimmy Hendrix, you can have different definitions. I can sometimes hit a E7#9 groove and cover Foxy Lady using some run-of-the-mill ideas but I wouldn't dream of saying I can do a Jimi Hendrix cover. Like I said before, the problem with this question is what really do you consider difficult? If something that you cannot play qualifies as difficult, there'd be far too many answers.

A better question might be what song have you successfully learnt and has given you the most trouble yet?

Yet, even this question is vague since "learnt" means different things to different people.

18. ronnieanand

I can play a few Hendrix songs like Purple Haze, Fire, Wild Thing, Foxy Lady, All Along The Watchtower and Voodoo Chile...Ofcourse with my own fillers.

Hendrix songs are not about being very difficult to play but about having an impeccable style. There's no point covering Hendrix if you haven't developed that style of playing.

And Hendrix is :nw: :nw: :nw: . Just listen to guys like Ritchie Blackmore, Jimmy Page, etc...before Hendrix blasted into the scene. Everybody was either a Beatles kinda bad or a Elvis Presley kinda band. Hendrix changed the whole face of music.

19. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

fade to black solo..by hammet..
    souls of distortion..joe satriani

20. ronnieanand

Which one...The intro solo or the last one...The last one is kinda easy to pull off if you have been playing Blues for a while...The sweep in the intro is kinda tricky..