guyzz my strumming v bad

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by hannan, Sep 4, 2006.

1. hannan

hannan New Member

guyzzzzzzz my srtrumming is very bad ..... help me !!!

2. jozko

jozko Banned

don't worry hannan.

Here's what I think.
    Practice in short sessions. Many short sessions better than long ones.
    Start with simple rythms say 'Papa Kehate He'
    If u want, initially mute strings with fretting hand and do the strumming. This way u can practice without disturbing others. Initially, when the strumming is not good, people around might get disturbed and u feel down.

I hope some experts will soon post right techniques to help u. don't worry. practice

3. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

Okay maybe this might help

1.Strum as hard as you like.. (the guitar is made for that so dont worry it wont break!)

2.Concentrate on clarity of upstrums! they are harder!

3.You dont have to play all the strings when strumming!.. u can pick the bass note and play the last say..three strings and on the next strum play all 6 !

4. Listen to patterns. (any patterns not just guitar!) and try to play them.

General advice,
    strumming on its own sounds amazing, make sure your guitar is 100% tuned, as this will discourage you if it isnt!!!!!
    when you start off any pattern it will be slow and mechanical,dont worry thats how its meant to be in the beginning.
    google some sites.. there are sites with just strum patterns!
    good luck and dont get disheartened.

rizaaj likes this.
  4. jozko

jozko Banned

@Quadrophenia many valuable points mentioned. thx

5. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

hannan jus strum any 3 chrds lyk (eg C key 3 chrds - Am , G ,F) up n down wi mutes , nd whil strummin juss da tap ur feets in a rythem , tht hlps alot nd improves .....