Guys help with Amp ?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by devil, Jul 17, 2010.

1. devil

devil New Member

I'm not professional but i play my guitar for myself.I love the quality of sound.i want amp for my electric guitar but i dont know that which one is good for me.Amp should be good n should be in range of 3 to 6 thousand plz ....... :) help me

2. bcrich

bcrich New Member

roland cube 15x.

3. sumit993192289

sumit993192289 New Member

ya bcrich is right u should do for roland 15x amp...its cost 6000

4. devil

devil New Member

aahan n guys what about its quality of sound?

5. bcrich

bcrich New Member

quality of sound is good. very good under your budget. you can search for used marshalls or any other co.

6. bcrich

bcrich New Member

i guess the thread is over now after my post.

7. manku911

manku911 New Member

if u can stretch ur budget to another thousand bucks...u can buy line 6 spider VI 15W....comes with 4 channels...awesum quality...

8. bcrich

bcrich New Member

no offence, but its an assamp. even if you are able to increase your budget don't ever buy that kind of shit. i am not saying line 6 is a bad company, they have some great amps and units, but the spider series didn't impress me. my first amp was the line 6 spider iii 15. at first, i was really happy with that, but when my hearing skills improved, i replaced it with a marshall(just another 15w crap, but better than the line 6 one).

recommendation:
    roland cube 15x

others:
    marshall mg15cd
    vox da-5

can't think of anything else under 7k.

9. devil

devil New Member

Thanks everyone about so much info n help specially Bcrich :) just one more thing that if i can increase my budget upto 10 thousand then what u suggest ?
    im asking this cause i know when i ll buy one then i wont be able to buy or change it for a long time :( thats y wanna buy good one :)
    I hope u can understand my problem :)

10. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

Laney Cub 8. :D

11. devil

devil New Member

One more thing !
    What about Fender 25watts
    Roland 20 watts?

12. bcrich

bcrich New Member

laney cub 8 (just recommending randomly, not tried, but ultrabot has suggested so consider it).
    roland cube 20x (an awesome 9k amp)
    fender 25w (not tried, so am not gonna say anything on that)

if your increase your budget with adding another 2k and get a laney cub 10.

13. manku911

manku911 New Member

if u can stretch ur budget to 10k....u have a wide choice...VOX...LANEY...SPIDER VI(and it is really awesum amp...having 4 channels means u can climb up the stage and kick some real ass even without a pedal)....I did it with my vox...u can certainly do it with a spider VI...dont buy marshall(in india marshal is manf. by "AHUJA CO."...if u can get a deal for marshal (USA) go for it....otherwise its just anther cheap xcuse....

14. devil

devil New Member

Thanks Manku n Bcrich ........
    Someone is selling his roland DAC 10 in 5000 thousand Should i go for it ?

15. bcrich

bcrich New Member

i think its an acoustic amp. line 6 spider iv is not good. if you want to change the tone live, you have to go to the amp again and again to change it unless you have a pedal. roland cube and laney cub series is good for the budget.

again:
    laney cub 8/10
    roland cube 15x/20x

16. manku911

manku911 New Member

roland DAC is pretty pretty pretty old model.... there is a problem with smaller roland models... i.e...a hiss sound...(don't plugin the guitar...turn all the knobs to full...if the amp makes a noisy hiss sound...means it has a big problem...) its quite simple...though roland 15x cube is pretty good...also includes various features that VOX doesnt....
    and as far as SPIDER VI is considered...i have tried it....its worth all the money....if ur on stage...u can attacha a footswitch to switch btw channels...also u can make ur own footswitch from household electrical switches if u have li'l knowledge about electrical stuff...!!!! u can set up ur presets and switch among them on stage...without any processor...!!!! i did it with VOX PF15...!!

17. bcrich

bcrich New Member

FIRST OF ALL.
    there is no such series of line 6, i.e., spider VI.

18. manku911

manku911 New Member

srry... spider IV...

19. bcrich

bcrich New Member

better. once i again say, laney cub 8.