Gutar Basics-1,In reply to Pranav

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by bhaskarrao009, Sep 22, 2005.

1. bhaskarrao009

bhaskarrao009 New Member

Hey Pranav,

Sure.U see in music we have different scales.Each song[tabs] is played in a particular scale.By knowing which scale the song is played on,we can easily play the chords of that song.

For example the basic scale starts on the letter or note C and is therefore called the C scale.

So it goes- C D E F G A B

Now in between each of these above notes there is a semitone designated as sharp(#) of the previous note or flat(b) of the next note

So if U start on a C note on ur guitar and go on playing successive frets on the same string ,ur fingers will progress thru the following notes-

C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C ...and so on

-note that betweeb B and C and in Between E and F there are no sharp notes.
    -now note that Csharp or C# can also be called D flat or Db and D# is the same as Eb

I ve attached the PIc of the C note on the guitar so that u can see what i mean

Now Jaadu HAI nasha hai was played on a scale in which the first note was E flat,so the scale was-

Eb F G A Bb C D

notice in this scale if U start on Eb note u have to play the Bb note for it to sound right.And this scale has it own set of chords as opposed to differnet chords for the basic c scale.

more later
    Bhaskar

Attached Files:

2. strings

strings New Member

well will try ur chords and inform u!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. strings

strings New Member

one more thing dude... u changed my name... its pranay not pranav..........