Guns N Roses.. Dead or Alive???

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by rahulp, Apr 11, 2006.

1. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Hi guys,

I know there are some Guns N Roses fans out there.. So do you think GNR's new album (Chinese Democracy) is gonna ever show up and would the Gunners ever be able to get back their reputation as the biggest and baddest rock band in the world?? Or would Axl have to go down this time??

Also, would the band Velvet Revolver (with ex GNR boyz Slash, Duff & Matt, and STP's Scott Weiland) be able to achieve what the good old GNR did ??? Or do people think that the only way we'd get anything good is by way of a GNR reunion??

2. vishalj

vishalj Banned

I think its coming out next year or something. Some rough demos are on the internet and I'm sure if you want it hard enough you'll google for it.

I don't care for GNR but I just thought I'll let you know

3. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Thanks, i used your tips and found a couple of them!!!

4. vishalj

vishalj Banned

Google is a man's best friend.

5. god_of_guitar

god_of_guitar New Member

a reunited gnr will rock again

6. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

+1 about everything you said in this thread till now.

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

plz dont insult Arsenal FC

DMF had a couple of demos from Chinese democracy which in his opinion were kind of a letdown

Im looking forward for buckethead's work on the new album more than anything else

8. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Well I got four demos from the album now and only "The Blues" is a decent track. The rest are kind of mediocre. And suprisingly, in all the four songs, Buckethead isn't playing any solos..he's just doing some bits here and there while Robin Finck does most of the leads. I too hope for some good stuff from Buckethead on the album but its been 2 years now that i've been waiting.. and my faith is receding!!

9. bsharp

bsharp New Member

The new GnR does not have SLASH..
    I don think that the magic of slash will be found now..:think:
    Slash was the soul of GnR..

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

buckethead pwns slash

11. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

^ he's right.

12. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

it will b out .. but the concept and songs suck big time ... AXL has gone mad ... Anyway only band tht cud b like GNR was Snakepit ... No idea why slash put it aside for VR ... The vocalist is bloody awesome .. better than Scott ... And sounds like guys frm Tesla and AXL ....

13. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Scott looks gay.

his wife is hot though

14. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Sorry High Priest but I'm not too familiar with shortened text.. whats "pwns"??

15. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

16. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

I disagree.. Buckethead and Slash are different in styles so can't compare them justifiably... I could think of comparing slash with brian may or joe perry but not buckethead!!

But I do agree that BUckethead is awesome.. IMHO he's much better than Yngwie and Vai.. not skill wise maybe but definitely on listening pleasure!!

17. shsnawada

He's right.

18. shsnawada

And, no good guitarist that i've seen can breakdance (as good as him)

19. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

NO doubts about his dancing skills!!! I've heard buckethead even indulges in Martial arts stunts (nan chucks etc) but never seen that!!! Its a big loss for the new Guns N Roses that he left!!

20. shsnawada

I see it as a BIG gain for his solo career. I'm sure more than one person would agree with me.