Guitars and ***ism

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Petunia, Mar 30, 2008.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

hallelujah! See what it feels like?

When you say "we", you're just talking about yourself and perhaps a large part of the people you're hanging out with. I could've said the same about myself as well except that I laugh at a slightly different set of people. That doesn't represent more than a niche population in itself from what I can see on this forum as well as other places. Even people who claim to be "encouraging" tend to do little more than patronize which in itself is a form of ***ism....you know...the "not bad for a girl" thing that is implied rather than stated. So perhaps the generalization can be forgiven even though it's incorrect.

Which is why I tend to avoid discussions in the music talk section. It's a little more fruitless than this section except the song reccomendations. What is amusing about this thread is the reactions it's triggered. At least goes to show that there are still people around just waiting for topics like these.

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Well looking past the pretentiousness, I should have said I and not we; but you can't deny that it is a niche population of people who play guitar and/or are interested in music in some way, and so are not completely against music or actually the genres of music represented on this board.

Not bad for a girl? That is something you can fish for in any pro-feminine conversation.

Not everyone always has cynical or "I'm above all this" types of response for everything under the sun.

3. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

thehundredthone i m quite agree with ur views and thoughts, rest of all i don't know wat to say ,vry difficult to make them understand.

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

amitrichardxess

Your name is ultra feminine. However your posts aint.
    Why?

Before you ask a dumb question - why feminine, Lemme answer.

Its because your ID ends with "ess". Now anyone "exposed" to the english language does realise in due course that "ess" suffix is used to denote feminine form.

So anwer my question.

5. thehundredthone

I'm torn between supporting one who agrees with my view and thoughts, and god himself.

6. amitrichardxess

amitrichardxess New Member

well alpha my id is my full name amit richard xess. XeSS is my surname and is nothing do with femininity, is jst my surname.

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Fair enough. Now i'm confused as to why I brought this up.

In most. I find it a little like a cult bashing cult followings.

That's something that reminds me of calvin and hobbes wearing dak glasses to be cool. That wasn't what I was talking about. I wasn't even talking about the on-topic posts. That's more of a undercurrent thing.

I miss yahoo conversations about IGT. They at least kept my PR intact.

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

9. thehundredthone

I agree. I did go through the same phase for a while.

And the triggered reactions are more often in response to a reply and not to the original post, at least as far as I've noticed.

You're putting out some decent links there. I think I saw a similar thread on another forum, let's see what I can find.

10. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

More than that, I've noticed it's often the person posting that incites the responses.

and yes, I'd like other links. I'll keep posting as soon as I can remember. Get more Kaki King if you can. She's got some really lovely music on her first album (legs to make us longer). She's getting really experimental now and I still love some of it.

11. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

The most pertinent link I've posted on this thread so far would be this:

ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the amazing Yasi (Yasmin I think). She's been playing guitar for all of two and a half years and I'll let the links do the rest of the talking.

I think I'm in love with her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJrDAALG9yk

oh and to top that :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6aIyngOn5w

I am so awesome.

For people who're actually interested, also check out Cesar Huesca from the related links. Hot damn.

13. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

14. thehundredthone

15. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Kittie is a pretty popular band if I'm not mistaken?

bwahaha one of the comments on the 3rd video says:

This isn't related but since we're sharing links, I'll give you this:

Pink Noise- A calcutta based experimental band with brilliant musicians. My guitar teacher(Amyt Dutta) is a part of this. Check out the vocalist and drummer though. The drummer is easily the best I've ever seen and I think he'll give the best around something to think about in the near future if he hasn't already...and he's only like 24 and been playing for 3 years or so. Check them out live if you ever get the chance.

https://www.myspace.com/pinknoiseindia

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

17. rocksta

rocksta Live Fast Die Young

Im back....?

well am back after a long long time.hullo raf if u stilll in touch wit d thread.
    so it all boils down to how much time u have,how much time u ready to give to practice.everyone got fingers.everyone brains.ears.so on so forth.

nothin to do with havin balls or the lack of thereof.

18. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Judging by the comments on her youtube, you're in the company of a fair few.

and I'm glad people are at least checking the links.

20. eightytwo

eightytwo New Member

well......