guitar under 30k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by limpbelevr, Dec 3, 2007.

1. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

want metal go ****in buy Jackson, ESP or Dean......

PS: Floys Rose used by Ibanez aint even the REAL one !!

2. Shreddy

Shreddy LaneyManeyResurrection

Floyd Rose on ESPs are fake :S omg. lol.

3. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

waaaaaaaaaaahahahahahhahahahah !!!!! how did i miss this !!!

4. Shreddy

@NoneSoVile: You seem to have a great knowledge about guitars. what evidence causes you to believe ESP and Jack are using OFRs coupled with fakes?

5. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Sorry, I didn't really understand the question. High end Jacksons (like the Jackson Soloist series) and ESPs (M1000) with floating bridges tend to use Orginal Floyd Roses, some even use Khaler bridges as I'm being told. The mid-range guitars and lower (Jackson DXMG, ESP LTD MH 400, MH 100 and so much more) use licensed Floyd Rose copies, which are basically standard nothing special floating bridges. It comes to a matter of preference really, having dealt with both Floyd Rose type bridges and Edge Pro types, I've grown to like the Edge Pro types more. Plus you don't HAVE to cut off the ball ends of strings when changing them on Edge Pros :p. I hope I answered that.

I just seem to have a preference for Edge Pro system on the higher end Ibanez models (I have the Lo-Pro Edge on my Ibanez RG 7620 7 string and I have only good things to say about it. Its solid, always stays in tune no matter how severe the dive bomb and sets up easily like a charm. There are better bridges on the higher end Ibanez models since the RG 7620 is a discontinued Japanese model) than the floating bridge types found on Jacksons, ESPs and etc. Infact many of the older Ibanez models had shitty bridges too.

I owned the Ibanez S520 for a while until a few months ago I sold it off and I'm guessing it has similar features to the 470. One thing I can tell you is I LOVED the bridge. It featured the Ibanez Zero Resistance bridge-"It uses a ball-bearing mechanic which gives the tremolo more consistency after use, and a stop-bar to help the guitar stay in tune, even with heavy abuse of the tremolo or string break."

6. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Ah young Padawan, you are wise yes, but Jedi you are not yet hmmmm.

First off about body wood. Basswood is an intermediate, being right in between Mahogany and Alder in tonal qualities. That being said, no two pieces of wood sound the same. The quality of construction cannot be stressed enough, for example why do the basswood models of the JEM (I forgot the name) sound so much better than an average Ibanez RG? Why does the Ibanez Universe put my Ibanez RG 7 string to shame? :( They're both made of American Basswood. IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE!! PLEASE EXPLAIN :(. Another thing, many guitar virtuosos, I'm going to bring up two that seem pretty popular on these boards, like John Petrucci and Joe Satriani use basswood guitars and they have awesome tones. Guess why? Its because they actually have great guitar playing skill and use expensive equipment that most of us can't even dream of affording HALF of. DAMN YOU JOHN AND YOUR FORTRESS OF MESA BOOGIES!! DAMN YOU! They key to good tone does not heavily rely on what wood your guitar is made of, what strings you use and such, its in your fingers, the construction quality of your guitar, your effects and MOST MOST importantly, the quality of your AMPLIFIER.

1. LOL

2. Funny, Alex Skolnick (back in the day), Trey Azagthoth(7 string tracks) , Alex Auburn (while recording Once Was Not), Muhammed Suicmez (Ibanez Xiphos), Joe Satriani, Andy Timmons sound nothing alike, they all used Ibanez. I think the government is behind this conspiracy. Thank you for opening my eyes, and showing me that the determinant of tone is not how I play and what amp I have, its rather what brand guitar I use and what the guitar is made of.

3.Okay

4. I'm not going to reply to this, if you don't like Steve Vai, that's fine. He's nothing special, all he has is a vast amount of musical knowledge that neither of us could comprehend half of in this life time, right?

I'm not saying Ibanez is the greatest brand or there are no better sounding guitars. Its just a matter of preference and I happen to be happy with my guitars, just like you seem to be happy with whatever brand you use.

God Bless You.

7. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

And for those who believe Fender Stratocaster can't be used for metal...go listen to Cryptopsy's None So Vile (especially this record, Jon's guitar playing really shines on this one), Whisper Supremacy and ...And then It Begins and tell me Jon Levesaur's tone does not sound metal.

8. Shreddy

Alright. But the OFR on my MIJ alexi cannot be fake. IF it is, its a ****ing awesome fake. I dont loose tuning at all :)

9. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Either that or you set your bridge up quite well. You can tell by the logo on the bridge. The original will have a similar logo to

https://audiozone.dk/tremolo/rr1-ofr1800x600.jpg
    or https://audiozone.dk/tremolo/pc3_ofr.jpg

You can see the Floyd Rose logo on the side

The licensed one usually says

https://www.jemsite.com/jem/detail/f_tr_001.jpg

Licensed under Floyd Rose Patents

10. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

I didnt know that buying one of these brands will make someone a better metal musician. Iron maiden used strats, so does malmsteen(single-coils). I was under the wrong impression that a good metal music is one that has appropriate metal riffs,solos and attitude.Thanks for opening my eyes.

11. Shreddy

Mines got an OFR on it.

Btw, ive heard the ZR is the most heavenly feeling tremolo out there. How come you sold it?

12. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

College is expensive man and I needed any extra money I could get. Plus it was to a buddy who madly wanted the guitar and eyed it for a while so I gave it off to him for a good price. I don't regret it since the only guitar I really play is my seven string. Now to sell my seven string, you'd have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.

13. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

@NoneeSoVile - You should be entitled "IGT Axepicker"...I believe there's a "Processor Guru" out here or something as well
    @Thread - How bout ESP? Each of their models looks droolmaal to me (features and looks wise), and that's just the 10k-20k range...
    And hey, someone missed DEAN! Cmon! Pantera! Dimebag Darrel! Gosh...Get an ML, get a Razorback, your audience will faint from sonic damage \m/
    ...I think. All the electrics I played are - a BC Rich Bronze Warlock, a Washburn N1, some Tansen strat model, an Epiphone SG w/active electronics...zat's all. So not much experience -_-

14. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

<double post>
    (A few seconds back there were four posts here...wtf rofl)

15. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Gosh *blushes like a school girl*, I'm just giving in my 2 cents, nothing else :)

16. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

I missed your post there bro. I just have to agree, Marty does slay. Both Skolnick and Friedman will always be legends of thrash metal :)

Cheers

17. Shreddy

Where you from ^?

18. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Windsor, Ontario

19. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

ah, Hence.........

20. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

^^^ sandeep ur always welcome...... an btw just fer your information... Jackson guitars were used by Iron Maiden ..uh huh u read it right Iron Maiden since their very beginin an still use it....... See the Trooper videos or any of the Matter of life and death...... THEY ****ING USED A MUTHA****IN JACKSON !!! maybe not for all but for a few yea they do...
    And as fer Malmsteen...... he uses something called his fingers an technique.... anyways Malmsteen had his pickups changed and so did Iron Maiden... None played STOCK fender pups..... they used SD's

@NoneSoVile : Alex Auburn used SD JB and 59 set.......he uses an Fender..... As far as i know (im not saying im right) he uses Jackson..ALSO