guitar under 30k

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by limpbelevr, Dec 3, 2007.

1. limpbelevr

limpbelevr New Member

i play thrash...wat do u suggest...floyd rose is must...i want a very slick fretboard....plz suggest...

2. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

I would suggest if u can increase ur budget by 2K, the Ibanez S470DXQM. Awesome guitar.

3. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

A sick guitar indeed, had the chance to try one of those babies last night, they sound great for a mid end guitar.

4. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

I am a fan of em. Just saving up cash to buy one of these beauties.

5. muntazir ali

muntazir ali New Member

very true @life sans death ibanez s470dxqm is a good guitar and speacially the tonal quality is good the body is awsome its very light i like it coz i own one just dont like the neck i might sound stupid to u coz ppl love the wizard 2 necks but i dont have u ever played fender american made strat??? u gonna love it coz fender is 50 times easier to play than ibanez s470

6. limpbelevr

limpbelevr New Member

wat r the pick ups on the guitar...is it better than jacksons n esp

7. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

I believe it comes with the stock Ibanez INF series. They're decent, you can always change them if you want. Plus, your tone mainly comes from your hands, effects and your amp, the pickups just offer a minor helping :). Hopefully you have a good amp, I played the same guitar at a store last night through a Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier and it sounded like a monster.

8. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

Unlike what ppl might say, I found the pups on the 470 rich in harmonics. So if u r an semi-pro, u won't need to upgrade em!

9. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

Taraaa!!! under 30k, for thrash metal i dont think you would find a better deal than this in India .

https://www.bajaao.com/jackson-dk2-dinky-electric-guitar-p-3581.html

Its price in usa is abt $650 and india price 29K.(almost the same!!)

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DK2-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?sku=511668

While if u think of buying an Ibanez in india, you would spend 29K for a guitar which sells for abt $400 in the US.So if you do the comparison, I think this Jackson is what u shud be looking for.

10. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

The guitars you just posted are completely different. One being a total piece of shit, and the other being a great guitar. The first guitar is a lower end model with a Floyd rose copy and Duncan Designed pickups while the second one has a better bridge (though not a Floyd Rose original) and is loaded with Seymour Duncans.

11. sandeep_

sandeep_ New Member

whoops!..how are they named similar, or rather"same"?

12. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Consider Duncan Designed as the Epiphone of Seymour Duncan. If that analogy doesn't make sense, just know that Duncan Designed pickups sound really really really really bad. Even Ibanez stock pickups sound better :).

They do however have same names as listed though :|. I don't know much about Jackson's guitar production but I can tell you that they aren't the same.

13. limpbelevr

limpbelevr New Member

There Is Only One Type Of Rr3 In Existence....n I Think Both R Same...there Is No Low Cost Model Of Rr3pro...i Just Checked The Jackson Site

14. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

get the bloody Jackson RR3........ it has Seymour Duncans.... the the best ones but pretty damn good and FAAAAAAAR better than the ibanez s470dxqm....... it looks much more meaner and looks more as u can call it 'Metal'.

PS: IBANEZ SUCK !!!!!!! NEVER EVER BUY AN IBANEZ !!!! STEVE VAI IS A FAKE DOING IT FOR MONEY !!!

15. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Hahahaha. I'd take an Ibanez S over an RR anytime. Ibanez bridges have always been better than the Floyd Rose original and copies that Jackson and ESP seem to use. The Ibanez S body is thin and light and easier to play, unless you really want the sharp edged body of a flying V down your crotch. The S is made o Maghogany and the RR3 is made of Alder, Mahogany having a much warmer and sweeter natural tone, I'll take the Mahogany

Indeed Ibanez models made in Korea are nothing special but you can't beat the quality of their Japanese models, they're pricier for a reason.

https://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/index.html

16. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Oops double post

17. NoneSoVile

NoneSoVile New Member

Plus the best thrash metal guitarist ever used an Ibanez S back in the day

[​IMG]

If you don't know who this is or you disagree, go burn all your "metal" albums and hang yourself.

18. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

So true. Although I do put Marty up there with him.

19. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

And lo, he opens himself to flaming......

20. varun1712

varun1712 New Member

aaaaaah all ibanez lovers........ alder is better fer the thrash tone........

and People do over-hype Ibanez to be perfectly honest......I just find them to be cheap and over used by everyone, that and fender. both of witch I hate with a burning passion......

1: They're SERIOUSLY over-rated. It's essentially 200+ Fender strat copies with pointier horns, what's so unique about that?
    2: There's a reason when-ever people use them, they always sound the same - i.e., wannabe-metal or the kind of shred that I always confuse for the pac-man theme
    3:... Just no.
    4: Steve Vai. Need I say more? I despise a guy who seems to be branded a guitar genius through letting an orchestra do all the work & he just does a dive-bomb with more effects than the ****ing Transformers movie !!!

blocky, uninspired, unoriginal-dumb names, super over rated and over priced for the quality (if you can call it that) of the guitar, completely dildoes......