Guitar Tutorial CDs in India

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by floyd&vodka, Jul 3, 2006.

1. floyd&vodka

floyd&vodka New Member

Guitar Tutorial CDs

I am a beginner and have been dabbling with the Guitar since the past 2 months.

I have heard that many good CDs are available for learning the guitar. Can someone please guide me and tell the names of the good CDs.
    How much do they cost?

If they are costly, is there any way of downloading them from the net?
    I am from Mumbai. It will be great if someone can tell me where are these CDs available in Mumbai. Does anyone here have it so that I can copy it from them?

Regards
    Ramesh

2. guitar_man

guitar_man Banned

You need to take guitar classes.That is the best way to do it.Try to find a teacher near you.If that is not possible then search the net for music lessons or guitar lessons etc.
    Hope this helps.

3. floyd&vodka

floyd&vodka New Member

CDs and Teachers in IIT

phew ! thanks man ! finally somebody replied ..

I have been taking classes for two months .. But now I am shifting to Powai .. and I will have to discontinue them .. I was thinking if I can find some CDs which will help me keep praticing there as well .. Can anyone givem me the names of a few good ones?

Also, does anyone know any good teachers inside or near IIT Powai?

Regards
    Ramesh

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

There are good books available with accompaniment CD. They are excellent tools for learning. I primarily learnt from Books.

5. floyd&vodka

floyd&vodka New Member

Thanks

That sounds good....

Can you please let me know the names of a few good ones. How much do they cost?

If they are costly, Is there anything which I can get cheap - second hand, or download from somewhere (say some P2P netwrok)?

Regards
    Ramesh

6. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

One of the best tutorials:- RocK Discipline - John Petrucci
    I dunno if it is available in India, but i can help you if you want it. PM me if you want it....

7. floyd&vodka

floyd&vodka New Member

Please help

Thanks Sugata ...

Other suggestion will also greatly help ...

I request the experts to contribute ... This will help a lot of ppl like me ..

Ramesh

8. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

^^U PPL are always welcome :)
    I have learnt guitar myself and this site has helped me a lot! So, it's the time to repay!!!

9. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

marty friedman's video is also good .

10. ronnieanand

Forget John Petrucci's videos..They are not for beginners. Look out for Electric Guitar Day One Video by Marty Friedman. That's real basics. Or look out for Beginner Guitar Books from Berkelee Press or MI Press that comes with Audio. Search for Beginner Guitar Lessons in your P2P. You will get them all..

11. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Iff you are going to IIT Bombay, then no need to look here n there.
    Many people will be having a huge collection of lessons videos ripped to their comps.

Just make friends with people who are into the music scene.

12. ronnieanand

Yep....with people like Alpha1 who has lots of stuffs in his PC...And dont take the po.rn from him...Take only the guitar lessons...

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ But hey you didnt take the G3 live with Yngwie Malmsteen or the DeepPurple live in Budokan (with Tommy Bolin).

You preferred taking the "Sunny Leone - Playmate" series. :p:

14. ronnieanand

What is this Sunny Leone...Never heard of him. Which band ???? You never showed me ???//

15. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

16. ronnieanand

Seriously never heard or seen her pics :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

Well you are the p.orn Raja...

17. floyd&vodka

floyd&vodka New Member

wow

Thats indeed good news .. Thanks ...

I will be moving to the hostel next week ..

Are you also in the IIT B hostel? If yes, can you please PM me?

Ramesh

18. floyd&vodka

floyd&vodka New Member

Electric Guitar :-O

Electric Guitar Day One ??
    Mate .. I am a complete begineer .. and as of now .. I have no plans to lay my hands on an Electric Guitar .. Considering this, Will this tutorial be of any use to me?

Beginner Guitar Books from Berkelee Press or MI Press that comes with Audio. - Can you also tell me where can I get this from and how much will it cost me ? Is there any place from which I can download this?

Ramesh

19. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Firstly, you are supposed to give your own opinion and not prove others wrong. Let him choose what he wants. That VDO helped me develop speed and accuracy, that is why recomended it. If don't like it, skip reading my post from now on...

Secondly, i don't think that discussion on P2P etc is legal in IGT. Allthough, I don't have anything to do with your posts but the mods may...

Thank you

20. ronnieanand

Dude...Get a Life...Somebody is asking how to learn Guitar and you are giving ideas to improve Speed and Accuracy...First read and understand what someone says...Why dont you advice Malmsteen's Arpeggios from Hell and Michael Angelo's Speed Kills for a beginner who is about to start..It helped some other people too...