Guitar tuning problem!! need help!!

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by varghesesatish, Aug 9, 2005.

1. varghesesatish

varghesesatish New Member

Hi Guys...

I've got a serious problem with my electric....

Once the thing is tuned , when i play a G chord it sounds fine.....But when i play an open E chord it sounds off...and same goes for the other chords and vice versa....

What could be the problem? How to get it fixd....

Your inputs paleez...

Satman... :help:

2. infinite aaz

infinite aaz Member

Brother read this, it ll surely help u,

hi folks, i want to share few problems gegarding tuning the guitar with floating termelo system, i have five guitars now, one the acoustic i bought from a local band way back in 1997, second one the yamaha pacifica(electric guitar) with fixed termelo syatem and this is my most favourite guitar, third one is semi electric i really hate this, ibanez jem 777 which my friend gave me as a gift i have rarely used this and now ibanez rg series guiotar which i bought on 15 july on the birthday of joe satriani, the reason for given u the details is that i ve comeacros tunning all these every one have different systems bu same tuning method, to tune a guitar i prefer a digital tunner that mannual tuning by ear but i think tuning by digital tuner is more accurate(anyways this is my thinking) ok back to the real problem while tunig the guitars with floating termelo system first of all i suggest to use four springs instead of two or three for tension and then unloak the neck locking ans release the tension of string to zero than start tuning fron E string and then A ,D, G, B, e to some high tension then lock the neck lockingand check the tuning again and readjust it fron fine tuning knobes at the bridge of the guitar and in this way u have done.

A note by begginers, while tuning a string u come across the same note by tightening the screw e.g. while tuning B string when u tune u get b note if u go on tighten it u come across two more positions for b and than the string breaks, my advise is to tune the string at the lowest note.

Any suggession or queries, its my pleassure, feel free.
    warm regards

3. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

take it to ur guitar shop!dun fiddle around!

4. varghesesatish

varghesesatish New Member

Thanks !!

Hey,

Took it to the guitar shop....Rythms, bangalore....

Venkatesh did the matter in 15 minutes....basically the bridge was jutting out....tension behind was way out....

Did sme fiddling around and cleared the wrk....

Regards,
    satish.......

5. blackmamba

blackmamba Rocker Monk

Another suggestion - develop a ear for music...guitars are best tuned by ear ;) Just kidding chill! Invest a good electronic guitar tuner - they are a lot of help especially if you use those ghastly floyd roses! Or better still get a pitch pipe - again - u need a ear there ;)

6. asadqq

asadqq New Member

hey download the software "enable tuner" from download.com then youll be able to tune your guitar from your computers mic