Guitar Tricks

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons, Tutorials & Tips' started by badullah, Jul 26, 2004.

1. badullah

badullah Dark Inside

Hello Everyone,
    i just know a veryyyyyyyyyyyy few guitaring tricks and i wanted to start this new forum to learn more and share the ones i know ............

2. badullah

badullah Dark Inside

Ok here is one ...
    while playing anything fix a couple of ur fingers on particular frets .........
    like if u are begining with G or something .... when u change to lets say ....
    Em, dont leave the 5th and 6th strings 3rd fret positions......
    Try it with different chords and it will work amazingly.... be creative ;)

ps.. works best with electric guitars :)
    bye fer now

3. badullah

badullah Dark Inside

Come on guys start sharing the tricks yaar .... its gonna be great fun ....

4. badullah

badullah Dark Inside

Heres another one .....
    Try messing up the guitar tuning ..... but by some formula .....
    For example: tune first strings at fret 5, second at 4 then 3 2 1. ......
    then try n play tabs of differentn songs and try to play correctly ...... you would have to artistically adjest your tabbing with respect to tuning .... its fun
    start with a very simple tab .umm like .. Nirvana's come as you are base tabs ... !

have fun

5. mash

mash New Member

cooooool man,thanks, waiting for ur another post, muahhhhhHHHh

6. badullah

badullah Dark Inside

hey,
    ok here goes another .....
    no matter what song you are playing .... just play ANY THREE strings .... finger pick them .... sounds nice. selection of strings is off course very crucial fer eg. if the song u are playing is mostly on D and A and Am and stuff ... last three strings would be amazing .....

another trick will be with you shortly ....
    thanks

7. badullah

badullah Dark Inside

arrite .... this is something i came up with accidently... and this may sound insane but it sounds really great.

Guitar: Acoustic
    Tape: Duct Tape
    ( this is getting intersting ... right :p )
    Now tape the second (or any fret you want ... wen u know what we are doing) fret of the guitar ........

Play any fast track with heavy strumming and play tabs of that song .... it WILL sounfd like drums playing in the back ground ... and when i say drums .... not exactly 'drums' drums but brizilian tribal beats drums type thingy .... :s .... yeah ok this is weired but try it .... its fun.....

and once u get the hang of it, tape any fret and playyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :)

cheerz

8. sahil_best

sahil_best New Member

yeah man the last one works great!! good job dudue
    KIU (keep it up) (just invented it... itll catch on in this site i assure you....) wait and watch....
    KIU
    *-G-StYlE-*

9. badullah

badullah Dark Inside

good to know that there is someone listening to creative trhoughts :p~ ,.... if u have any trick up your sleeve sahil_best then please share :)

10. alex

alex New Member

Duct tape ?? is that the brown broad tape used for packaging?? do i have to tape the freet tightly (all the strings shud touch the freetboard) ?? or loose (all 6strings shud'nt b touching the freetboard) ??

good thread badullah - buddy !!! wan som more !!!!! :beer:

11. bananaman2000

bananaman2000 New Member

i have a trick...
    if u take a scissor and then cut the strings theyll snap and hurt ure hands and u wont be able to play anymore...but then if u hit ure guitar with sticks itl make a drum like sound...kool nah!

12. hairyPotter

hairyPotter New Member

Let me do the scissoring on YOUR guitar strings and let YOU play. Lets see how much fun it is. kool nah!? :p

13. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I guess i play one little trick.. Middle of the Punishment Due solo, You can play the solo with you hands above the fretboard.. Just like tapping.. But playing the actual notes.. Playable even with paradigm shift..

14. bananaman2000

bananaman2000 New Member

wat???..btw it was a joke man

15. jayanth

LOL.. Sad joke.. though..

16. badullah

badullah Dark Inside

hehe a jokes a joke so really doesnt matter it was sad o happie .... and about that duct tape thingy .... you can use any kind of tape but that brown packaging tape would work too ... also to improve this trick ... u can just simple place a card (those plastic ones ) at the top portion of the neck ....... this sounds stupid na ?:p but this sounds BEST .... place the card in such a way that the card would go under the 6th string., over the fifth, then under the fourth, over the third, under the second and over the first ....... the sound will change if you move the card while strumming .... try it and do tell me what you think ....

17. jayanth

LOL.. Those are the best way to distort sound abruply..

18. badullah

badullah Dark Inside

now i really dont know jay boy that it was a compliment or a taunt ..... i just find these things interesting so i shared .... u get a trick up ur sleeve i would luvvvvvvvvvvvvv to know :)

19. jayanth

I posted my trick.. Already.. It was a compliment..

20. jackdaws

jackdaws New Member

Yeah that was a strange joke indeed....